No announcement yet.

Jimmy Butler saying goodbye to Philly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Butler saying goodbye to Philly?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6u_wIbWsAEL2LC.jpg

Shit...oh well.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds bad. Shit.

Comment

BA-BYE. YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE YOUR NOT ONE OF US AND THEREFORE YOU DON'T GET IT.

HE SHOWED MORE HEART THEN ANYONE ON THIS TEAM IMO.

EMBIID SHOWED HEART ALSO, BY SHOWING THE EMOTIONS HE DID. THAT GASTROENTERITIS STOMACH FLU IS NO JOKE. THAT SHIT PUTS YA DOWN HARD.

IF HE'S GETTING MAX MONEY EITHER HERE OR THERE, AND HE CHOOSES THERE, HE'S BASICALLY SAYING F YOU.... I'M GONE
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 05-17-2019, 07:18 AM.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

People are reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into that post.

He is simply thanking Philly for a good run this year.

Brand has gentleman agreements with Butler and Harris to sign both to extensions this off-season. This was reported at the time of their acquisitions.

Why is it that Philadelphians always jump to conclusions and expect the worst possible outcome in every given sports-related scenario?

Only the Sixers have Butler's Bird Rights. They can, and will, offer him $50,000,000 more than any other team. He ain't going nowhere.
          Last edited by 06hawkalum; 05-17-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Betcha he is, and I'm ok with that. Jimmy Butler for the next two years would be nice. But five years? Feels Ryan Howard-ish to me

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post

Brand has gentleman agreements with Butler and Harris to sign both to extensions this off-season. This was reported at the time of their acquisitions.

Why is it that Philadelphians always jump to conclusions and expect the worst possible outcome in every given sports-related scenario?

Only the Sixers have Butler's Bird Rights. They can, and will, offer him $50,000,000 more than any other team. He ain't going nowhere.
              WHY ARE WE THEY WAY WE ARE?

1964 PHILS. MY FIRST YEAR BEING A FULL BLOWN PHILS PHAN.
              2003 NFC TITLE GAME AT THE VET
              1981 SIXERS CELTICS
              REGGIE WHITE

ETC
              ETC

A SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP WASHED IT AWAY FOR AWHILE, BUT IT'S PHILLY, BAD SHIT HAPPENS.

Comment

I agree saying thank you to your team and fans does not mean he is leaving, if he said thanks and good bye that would be different.

Comment

Gentleman don’t stay gentleman in contract negotiations.

Comment

I think it's an intentionally vague statement.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                      Gentleman don’t stay gentleman in contract negotiations.
                      FROM WHAT I KNOW, WHICH ISN'T MUCH ABOUT HOOPS, A MAX CONTRACT IS WHAT HE WILL GET ANYWHERE . THEREFORE THERE WILL BE NO NEGOTIATIONS. IT'S A CHOICE OF WHO OFFERS, WHERE HE WANTS TOBGO.

Comment

Working...
                      X