IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
thegodfather
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts:
thegodfather is on a distinguished road
Default Bleeding Green: Eagles Impending Free Agents

I know 9-1 why discuss this now, they put it out so I figured why not. Question was who is the most important to re-sign on this list. I say Jeffery, Bradham with a 2nd tier of Robinson and Watkins.

Patrick Robinson, Darren Sproles, Corey Graham, LeGarrette Blount, Caleb Sturgis, Will Beatty, Dannell Ellerbe, Najee Goode, Kenjon Barner, Jaylen Watkins, Alshon Jeffery, Nigel Bradham, Trey Burton, Beau Allen
thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
ishimonster
 
ishimonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts:
ishimonster is on a distinguished road
Default

Patrick Robinson is gone after this year. They won't pay him what he wants with Darby, Douglas, Mills, and Sidney Jones on the roster.
ishimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
Spartan92
 
Spartan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts:
Spartan92 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I know 9-1 why discuss this now, they put it out so I figured why not. Question was who is the most important to re-sign on this list. I say Jeffery, Bradham with a 2nd tier of Robinson and Watkins.

Patrick Robinson, Darren Sproles, Corey Graham, LeGarrette Blount, Caleb Sturgis, Will Beatty, Dannell Ellerbe, Najee Goode, Kenjon Barner, Jaylen Watkins, Alshon Jeffery, Nigel Bradham, Trey Burton, Beau Allen
Robinson is gone - i would say Jeffery, Bradham, Burton for sure and Allen if possible - Sturgis will depend on what happens with current K situation -i would also take a flyer on Blount if he wants another 1 year deal for cheap why not trade Smallwood he's got some value i guess

Last edited by Spartan92; 11-22-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Spartan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2017, 06:44 PM  
Posted in reply to Spartan92's post starting "Robinson is gone - i would say Jeffery,..."
#4
thegodfather
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts:
thegodfather is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan92 View Post
Robinson is gone - i would say Jeffery, Bradham, Burton for sure and Allen if possible - Sturgis will depend on what happens with current K situation -i would also take a flyer on Blount if he wants another 1 year deal for cheap why not trade Smallwood he's got some value i guess
Yeah Robinson will not be needed but I think Burton will be done here, they can draft a TE like the kid from Penn State to back up Ertz.
thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2017, 01:31 AM   #5
The Duck
 
The Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...In a dry and waterless place.
Posts:
The Duck is on a distinguished road
Default

PRob is kind of a bummer, but it is what it is. Sidney has Lattimore potential and has a chance to take the secondary from surprisingly good to lights out great. Robinson is giving us the best year of his career, by far, and he's going to get one more really nice contract. Win-win. If they finish what they started and get a you-know-what, he's an Eagle for life no matter where he goes.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2017, 07:01 AM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "PRob is kind of a bummer, but it is..."
#6
Ground_Meat
 
Ground_Meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: .
Posts:
Ground_Meat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
PRob is kind of a bummer, but it is what it is. Sidney has Lattimore potential and has a chance to take the secondary from surprisingly good to lights out great. Robinson is giving us the best year of his career, by far, and he's going to get one more really nice contract. Win-win. If they finish what they started and get a you-know-what, he's an Eagle for life no matter where he goes.
Was Jones originally predicted to go before Lattimore?
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2017, 10:19 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Was Jones originally predicted to go..."
#7
EaGLeSFaN328
 
EaGLeSFaN328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts:
EaGLeSFaN328 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
Was Jones originally predicted to go before Lattimore?
Curious as to what they do when jones gets up to speed. You can't sit mills right? He may not have that elite speed but he's turning into a nice physical corner who you seem to trust to do his job. Maybe Darby with his speed takes slot in 3 WR situations? Who knows but a good problem to have.
EaGLeSFaN328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2017, 10:53 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Was Jones originally predicted to go..."
#8
The Duck
 
The Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...In a dry and waterless place.
Posts:
The Duck is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
Was Jones originally predicted to go before Lattimore?
IIRC, it was split pretty closely down the middle. They were 1 and 1A, both legit top ten picks.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2017, 11:10 AM  
Posted in reply to EaGLeSFaN328's post starting "Curious as to what they do when jones..."
#9
CbEagle
 
CbEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts:
CbEagle is on a distinguished road
Default

It certainly is a good problem to have and one we have never had before, even when we had the very good combos of Allen/Smith 1991, Brown/Sheppard 2004 we never had this kind of depth behind them
__________________
"Thinking NFL players are 'protesting the flag' is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation."
CbEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2017, 11:22 AM  
Posted in reply to EaGLeSFaN328's post starting "Curious as to what they do when jones..."
#10
Pete
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
Pete
Default Looking more and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLeSFaN328 View Post
Curious as to what they do when jones gets up to speed. You can't sit mills right? He may not have that elite speed but he's turning into a nice physical corner who you seem to trust to do his job. Maybe Darby with his speed takes slot in 3 WR situations? Who knows but a good problem to have.
like that's a 2018 situation. Unless Jones is going to jump right in and start, I'm not sure the need.

If activating him just means you churn the bottom of the roster in other positions, maybe. Unfortunately when I look at the roster, everyone short of Elijah Qualls has played a role. I'd say Gerry, but LB depth is razor thin even with adding Ellerbe.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2017, 12:05 PM  
Posted in reply to Pete's post "Looking more and more"
#11
The Duck
 
The Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...In a dry and waterless place.
Posts:
The Duck is on a distinguished road
Default

Banner talks about Patrick Robinson with Sheil in their weekly Q&A on The Athletic. Surprisingly, Banner doesn't accept the conventional wisdom that he's a goner, and makes a great point about the distinction between playing the slot and playing outside. Long story short, Banner thinks they make a play to keep Robinson, based on his firm belief that they should. And he doesn't think PRob will break the bank.

I like that. This is a good spot for Robinson, I'd love to keep him.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2017, 04:16 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Banner talks about Patrick Robinson..."
#12
Pete
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
Pete
Default I read that, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
Banner talks about Patrick Robinson with Sheil in their weekly Q&A on The Athletic. Surprisingly, Banner doesn't accept the conventional wisdom that he's a goner, and makes a great point about the distinction between playing the slot and playing outside. Long story short, Banner thinks they make a play to keep Robinson, based on his firm belief that they should. And he doesn't think PRob will break the bank.

I like that. This is a good spot for Robinson, I'd love to keep him.
That weekly Q & A with Joe is worth the price of the subscription.

As for PRob, I don't see anything wrong with a 2-year deal at a reasonable price. All of these folks who say the Eagles are in cap hell next year, fail to see the savings that will probably result from dudes like Celek, Sproles, and possibly Peters not being on the team next year.

On a similar note, they've got to get some space for 2019 for a potential Wentz mega-deal.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Post Contents are owned by the posters. Use the "Contact Us" link to contact us for administrative issues. Original Artwork and other content copyright 2000-2007 by Raptor (mostly) and/or IGGLEPHANS