I miss our Chump Kelly Chompers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss our Chump Kelly Chompers

The 90% of the board who swallowed the Chump Kool Aid and derided anyone who wasn't buying Chump's bill of goods.

You know who you are and it's most of the posters here.

Maybe we should have some Soviet-era show trials where Chump's mousketeers denounce themselves.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    The 90% of the board who swallowed the Chump Kool Aid and derided anyone who wasn't buying Chump's bill of goods.

Maybe we should have some Soviet-era show trials where Chump's mousketeers denounce themselves.
    I was a Chomper based on what I expected him to do with the offense - be innovative, avoid doing conventional things simply because that's what everyone has done, and adjust his scheme to attack weaknesses.

He failed to do that and showed he was rigid in this thinking.

Pederson is actually employing that strategy that I had hoped for from Kelly.

Also, this is a quality bye-week post during the Eagles best start in 13 years to fuel some board in-fighting when things are slow.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      I was a Chomper based on what I expected him to do with the offense - be innovative, avoid doing conventional things simply because that's what everyone has done, and adjust his scheme to attack weaknesses.

He failed to do that and showed he was rigid in this thinking.

Pederson is actually employing that strategy that I had hoped for from Kelly.

Also, this is a quality bye-week post during the Eagles best start in 13 years to fuel some board in-fighting when things are slow.
      Bye week Soviet style show trials might be the greatest idea I've ever heard. Even if I am guilty as hell on this one.

Comment

This is in response to the negatory posts. I'll bet everyone who had issues about Wentz in the thread DSG posted has come around on Wentz. But apparently folks aren't allowed to change their minds and are stuck with their criticisms. Unless it's about Chump Kelly.

In other words, I didn't get salty here first.
        Last edited by RSE; 11-06-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Guilty as charged. Although I did jump ship after that Foreskins debacle in year 2.

Comment

This is in response to the negatory posts. I'll bet everyone who had issues about Wentz in the thread DSG posted has come around on Wentz. But apparently folks aren't allowed to change their minds and are stuck with their criticisms. Unless it's about Chump Kelly.

I am glad people are coming around on Wentz, Pederson and Roseman. There's little evidence that they shouldn't.

But there will still be smarmy "I told you so-ers" from previous years that are more than willing to remind people how they were right about the team sucking when others were optimistic.

But don't worry, I think most of the perpetually optimistic fans will be accepting of the new Wentz Wagoneer and Peder Puffers.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Nobody is saying I told you so. Even those who soured on Chump were optimistic when he arrived and wanted him to succeed.

I'm just saying there isn't anyone here who doesn't have posts he or she regrets.

And I didn't bait the bear first today.

Comment

I think I was the first person to ever mention Kelly to the Iggles several years before it happened. I was happy as shit when he became coach. Year one I was happy. When we loss the playmakers, I became pissed. But without the Chip Area, we wouldn't have the Gomer Area.

So fuck it.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I predicted Super Bowls

Plural. And I am STILL not sold on Gomer. He beats Dallas and Seattle I will swear fealty to him. Forever.
                  DB

Comment

i was a big fan the first two seasons, even after the way 2014 ended. when he traded for sam bradford i should have known that he had sold us all a bill of goods.

Comment

I'm in cautiously optimistic mode here myself ... there's still a lot of football to play.

Could be I'm so beaten down over the years I can't get into the Koolaid until the gun at the end of the Super Bowl ... but I will say this ... from my seat at the game yesterday, Gase is as big a moron as Chip with Shady and that move makes me a hell of a lot more warm and fuzzy.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'VE BEEN WRONG SO MANY TIMES THAT WHEN I GET IT RIGHT THERE'S A PARTY. I THOUGHT BOBBY FRIGGIN HOYING WAS THE NEXT JOE MONTANA, AND WRONG ABOUT FOLES AND KELLY AND ON AND ON.

IT COMES FROM TRYING TO POSITIVE AND DRINKING THE KOOL AID YEAR AFTER YEAR. TRYING TO BE HOPEFUL THAT THE HEAD DUDES IN CHARGE GOT IT RIGHT. I / WE'VE SEEN TOO MUCH SHIT IN THIS CITY SPORTS WISE, BUT ALWAYS TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE.

I WAS ALL IN ON KELLY, AND WHY NOT. MOST WERE. BUT HOLY CRAP WAS I WRONG,
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

All I am gonna say is I apologized to Wentz publicly a couple of weeks ago on Facenutz.

A Phila. media guy had a post asking "If there is any one person on the Eagles you would like to apologize to, who would it be?" I came clean.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

All in on Chip. I was concerned when he had complete control and turned that into Sammy Sleeves. Howie schooled everyone. My biggest fear with Wentz was ending up like Joe "is he elite?" Flacco - mediocre. Sammy sleeves proves those guys can stick in the league and make serious coin. And deliver nothing

Wentz is more than I even imagined.
                            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 11-06-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Same here.....

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              I'm in cautiously optimistic mode here myself ... there's still a lot of football to play.

Could be I'm so beaten down over the years I can't get into the Koolaid until the gun at the end of the Super Bowl ... but I will say this ... from my seat at the game yesterday, Gase is as big a moron as Chip with Shady and that move makes me a hell of a lot more warm and fuzzy.
                              .....never too up or down anymore...but will not concede anything until We hoist some Lombardi hardware.
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X