Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Cutting the cord

Any phans here cut the cord yet?

I was at a friends' brothers place who had, I believe, a Robi device(sp?) I know there is a Roku but it wasn't that. It had all the tv shows and movies which seemed cool but, is it enough to cut the cord?

The reason I haven't cut the cord yet is mostly due to live sports.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a device to get that works well for them? Tigerstream, Robi, Firestick, etc...

Do devices show tv shows in progress or after they air? Sports MUST be live.

Thanks much.

C
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Yes. It's great. ROKU, Apple TV, Sling and Hulu and you'll never miss the cable. DTV stream for Eagles games, or if you're local you are set.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Dude I'm about to fire bomb AT&T, 8 days dealing with these fucks

Get yourself a jail broken fire stick with Kodi

Best shit ever

Comment

Yea my kids who are a lot smarter then me are all into the "jail break" stuff. My vcr is still blinkin 12:00

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Yes. It's great. ROKU, Apple TV, Sling and Hulu and you'll never miss the cable. DTV stream for Eagles games, or if you're local you are set.
          don't they verify that you aren't eligible for DTV before they agree to allow you to stream the games?

I'm just asking because that's what I thought...but if i'm wrong, I've spent way too much money at bars in the past three years watching the eagles.

I'm in the process of running Cat6 cable all over my house in prep to cancel my cable and just go with PSVue.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

There will be no cord within 5 years of so, from what I'm hearing/reading.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You left out an antenna. I get more than 70 channels OTA here in New York city.

The big difference is the unbundling of channels, IMO. If they started to force you to buy big bundles of channels on TV via the internet I don't think it would be much different than cable is now.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

70?!? Holy crap. Do any of them get KISS Forum like on Family Guy?

I might get 30.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

You might. I give my friend with DTV a hundo to cover her Super Fan and use her login.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                    Dude I'm about to fire bomb AT&T, 8 days dealing with these fucks

Get yourself a jail broken fire stick with Kodi

Best shit ever
                    Yeah but watch that shit, they are really starting to crack down on that. Right now it's just the guys selling the pre-cracked ones.

Comment

You might. I give my friend with DTV a hundo to cover her Super Fan and use her login.
                      Find a relative in college and get them to sign up for you. The student rate is cheaper. I didn't even ask my niece last year, just used her name and college info to register

Comment

I have heard that but then also I have read that they are not looking at it as much.

I don't know but the cord will be gone soon like slag said.

This AT&T shit in South Texas is f'in insane, why they have monopoly laws. Only other option is Spectrum (Time Warner) and they suck just as bad
                        Last edited by Big Little; 07-13-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

What's the rate? If it's $100 or less, I'm doing an MS so I'll just do it myself.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Thanks for all the advice...I went ahead and ordered a FireStick and have installed Kobi onto it.

Seems cool so far, haven't tested too much.

Any suggestions as too which download to put on it? If that makes sense...the video I watched to "jailbreak" the firestick had me install Pulse.

Thanks again
                            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I'm a bad one to talk to re: piracy. I actually don't steal any movies or TV out of the principal of supporting jobs in the industry (jobs like mine).
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X