Shame, shame, shame.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoo bleeds green View Post
    Only this. Jon IS dead, will be resurrected by Mel, and reborn amongst salt and smoke (my favorite explanation from the book is that the 'salt' is the tears from the men of the NW and the 'smoke' is from his "smoking wounds"). I was sort of hoping he wouldn't die and would warg into Ghost, but it seems like the show has removed a lot of that ambiguity.

I also don't think Stannis is dead, but his power is pretty much completely stripped... can't see exactly what Brienne will do with him, but I'm guessing she will be the one to pick up Sansa/Theon.
    comic book rules -- if you didn't see the guy die, he's probably not dead. Will be interesting to see how Stannis carries on next year after everything he did, and now without an army.

Comment

notice the shape of his blood ...

Comment

in two separate interviews...GRRM said in response to Jon Snow and his stabbing in the books, "Oh, so you think he's dead?" and the other was, "Jon will find out the information regarding his parents"

Also, the books and I think in the show....Maester Aemon says something like, "kill the boy to become the man" or something like that. That could serve two purposes. One, he gets "reborn" as a more ruthless person. Two he loses the bastard and becomes legitimate.

Now, the show can choose to get rid of him but I don't know what it sets up. Like, killing ned set up the war of five kings, killing rob led to the downfall of winterfell.

why set up jon at hardhome to just kill him off in the show? doesn't make sense. he'll probably be like bran and have a season of nothing only to come back in 7 as a slightly different version of himself.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I don't know, but that was a terrible season finale.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            The book and show are the same re: Snow getting stabbed by Night Watch shitbags.

However, while the show seems to more clearly kill him, the book leaves it more open to surmise ... so, is he really done in the show or will he be brought back?

The book seems to suggest he might warg into his Direwolf ... while the show brings Milesandre back to the Wall (not something that happens in the books).

Is she back to work her magic and resurrect him?
            I don't think he's dead. My first guess was that Melissandre is going to give him the ol' Thoros of Mir treatment.

I do think that Lady Stoneheart my have something to say about keeping oaths.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
              A complicated series with quite a few subplots. A few characters have to be killed off, didn't think it was going to be Jon Snow.
              The Night King is going to win. We're all just dupes for thinking there is any possible positive outcome.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                I don't think he's dead. My first guess was that Melissandre is going to give him the ol' Thoros of Mir treatment.

I do think that Lady Stoneheart my have something to say about keeping oaths.
                He died as Jon Snow and will rise as Jon Targaryen.

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeTen View Post
                  He died as Jon Snow and will rise as Jon Targaryen.
                  Not until Daenerys legitimizes him. Until then he's this guy.

--
                  Your Retarded

Comment

The Night King is going to win. We're all just dupes for thinking there is any possible positive outcome.
                    I wonder if the conclusion of the show is Denaerys and everyone else manages to slow him down a bit -- they forestall the inevitable, but eventually -- a year, a hundred, a thousand down the line -- the planet's going to freeze over and everyone will die.

I wonder also if Westeros freezes over in its entirety and what's left of humanity has to hide in Essos while they can... though that's going to freeze over too.

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
                      I wonder if the conclusion of the show is Denaerys and everyone else manages to slow him down a bit -- they forestall the inevitable, but eventually -- a year, a hundred, a thousand down the line -- the planet's going to freeze over and everyone will die.

I wonder also if Westeros freezes over in its entirety and what's left of humanity has to hide in Essos while they can... though that's going to freeze over too.
                      Sothoryos is the place to be.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

R+L=J

Comment

Sothoryos is the place to be.
                          There, or Ulthos. How awesome would it be if the show ended with whoever's left sailing to the unknown continent?

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
                            There, or Ulthos. How awesome would it be if the show ended with whoever's left sailing to the unknown continent?
                            They better be eating an onion ring while the screen fades to black.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

They better be eating an onion ring while the screen fades to black.
                              Ser Davos Seaworth aka "The Onion Knight" eats an onion ring as he sails away?

Comment

Who were the people riding around Daenyrs after her dragon gave her the boot?
                                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                                X