¡Feliz Día de Reyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¡Feliz Día de Reyes!

Probably no one will get this, but it is an important holiday for a lot of people.
    Go Bird Go !

My mom

grew up in Puerto Rico. They call it Tres Reyes Magos. In Puerto Rican culture, Tres Reyes Magos is almost as important if not more than Christmas. Instead of leaving milk and cookies for Santa, they filled a shoebox up with grass and left a bowl of water beside their beds for the Wise Men's camels. Always thought that was pretty cool. On a side note, it still rips me up to see the shape PR is still in because I know it kills my mom. The before/after pictures of the El Yunque rainforest looks like a goddamn atom bomb exploded. It'll be years before that island is 100% back online.
    "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
      grew up in Puerto Rico. They call it Tres Reyes Magos. In Puerto Rican culture, Tres Reyes Magos is almost as important if not more than Christmas. Instead of leaving milk and cookies for Santa, they filled a shoebox up with grass and left a bowl of water beside their beds for the Wise Men's camels. Always thought that was pretty cool. On a side note, it still rips me up to see the shape PR is still in because I know it kills my mom. The before/after pictures of the El Yunque rainforest looks like a goddamn atom bomb exploded. It'll be years before that island is 100% back online.
      I've been getting messages from my Spanish friends all day celebrating the holiday.

I think you are correct that PR is not getting the help they need. Puerto Rico is part of the United States. Really, I think the US should make them a state.
      Go Bird Go !

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
        In Spain, they bake "Roscón de Reyes" which is a ring shaped cake/bread. There is usually some sort of prize baked inside, like a little doll or statue, etc. If you are lucky enough to find the prize some bakeries pay cash rewards for it!
        Go Bird Go !

Comment

Big day for Barcelona FC, as well.

Coutinho is a coming.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
            Coutinho is a coming.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
            X