No announcement yet.

Eagles traded JMATT AND 2018 3rd for Ronald Darby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5'11 190? See how that goes against Dez and OBJ.

Comment

Eagles threw in a third

Darby better ball the fuck out.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Don't forget, this is a contract year for Matthews and he missed OTAs with a "knee injury".

They might not wanted to have paid him what he wanted in a new contract.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
          Hollins is the truth! Just wish we could have offloaded Ags
          problem is Jmatt will want huge $$$ at the end of the season for his new contract and that $$$ needs to go to a legit #1 which is Alshon who plays the outside. That being said, this kid did ball and was expendable and let's be honest, no one was trading for Jagholar

Comment

exact same measurables as Malcolm Butler.

if you can play you can play.

fuck Dez.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Holy shit
              So the guy who performed like a champ last night gets traded and the goof ball who drops every pass thrown his way stays. Oh and we gave up a 3rd rounder, makes total sense. WTF

Comment

there's no doubt about it. and, i'm 'with Howie' on that. he's a great 3, ok 2, never can be a 1. i'm sick of his drops.

bottom line -- i think we (they) were smart to get a solid 3rd year CB for him with the depth that has emerged at WR this offseason. hope this means Treggs, Johnson, and Ward all stick.

Hollins stays healthy i wouldn't be surprised if he has same kind of impact that JMATT would have in the slot. he looked the part last night.

i'm just stoked football is back!

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  Don't forget, this is a contract year for Matthews and he missed OTAs with a "knee injury".

They might not wanted to have paid him what he wanted in a new contract.
                  I think this is a huge part of it. They have NO $$ and have to re-up w a lot of good players next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ptrjr View Post
                    5'11 190? See how that goes against Dez and OBJ.
                    OBJ is 5-11 198 lbs.

It's really hard to find 6'+ corners that can actually cover.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

They traded Matthews, not Hollins.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                        there's no doubt about it. and, i'm 'with Howie' on that. he's a great 3, ok 2, never can be a 1. i'm sick of his drops.

bottom line -- i think we (they) were smart to get a solid 3rd year CB for him with the depth that has emerged at WR this offseason. hope this means Treggs, Johnson, and Ward all stick.

Hollins stays healthy i wouldn't be surprised if he has same kind of impact that JMATT would have in the slot. he looked the part last night.

i'm just stoked football is back!
                        Dungeon Majesty told me that the Eagles also like this UDFA Greg Ward as a slot receiver.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Great Move!

Darby is a legit starting corner. Much better at his position than Matthews is at Wrb

Comment

Agreed ...wise move

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                            Darby is a legit starting corner. Much better at his position than Matthews is at Wrb
                            ....I'm liking it and agree with others Hollins made this possible.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                              He better be. They also gave up the 3rd round pick when they already don't have a 2nd.
                              Last edited by D Leff; 08-11-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                                He better be. They also gave up the 3rd round pick when they already don't have a 2nd.
                                This is my initial thought when I saw the announcement. I think Rowe will play enough this season for the Iggs to get a 3rd rounder from the Pats...let's hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X