I feel sorry for two guys ... maybe three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel sorry for two guys ... maybe three

Shady ... he fucking kissed the Eagle logo at midfield when he came back with the Bills after getting traded.

Matthews ... he did NOT want to leave.

And, I guess DeSean ... he's been gone awhile and was a fucking Foreskin and all, but he is my all time favorite Eagle to watch live on a football field.

The only guy I ever saw run at a level above everyone else like that was Ichiro Suzuki at Yankoff Stadium one game (that fucker could fly).
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

I saw something where the receivers all Facetimed with Matthews after the NFC Championship game.

Shady needs to come home before he hangs it up.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I would add Barwin to that list, even though Long was a huge reason this team succeeded.

Good dude that loved playing here.

Comment

This is a sad post. Maybe it’s the liquor...

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
          I would add Barwin to that list, even though Long was a huge reason this team succeeded.

Good dude that loved playing here.
          I think Barwin wanted to play here but contract was too much. If I recall he was willing to renegotiate.

But Long completely took over his role.

That's just my gut impression. I should look at their contract numbers before I babble on too much.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Shady ... he fucking kissed the Eagle logo at midfield when he came back with the Bills after getting traded.

Matthews ... he did NOT want to leave.

And, I guess DeSean ... he's been gone awhile and was a fucking Foreskin and all, but he is my all time favorite Eagle to watch live on a football field.

The only guy I ever saw run at a level above everyone else like that was Ichiro Suzuki at Yankoff Stadium one game (that fucker could fly).
            Shady is the only agreement here..

Desean came up small in almost every important game and wouldn't go across the middle.. miracle at the meadowlands part 2 was fucking awesome tho!

Long at this point in his career was a better fit, more productive and what he did for the locker room was invaluable... Matthews trade gave us Darby and the resurrection of #13 and without #13 this year i don't think we get as far as we did - Agholor was goddamn clutch!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
              Shady is the only agreement here..

Desean came up small in almost every important game and wouldn't go across the middle.. miracle at the meadowlands part 2 was fucking awesome tho!

Long at this point in his career was a better fit, more productive and what he did for the locker room was invaluable... Matthews trade gave us Darby and the resurrection of #13 and without #13 this year i don't think we get as far as we did - Agholor was goddamn clutch!
              Probably could've left Darby out of that sentence. He's been straight garbage. You could argue it was the teams they were playing early on, but the secondary felt way more solid with Douglas opposite Mills.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

The post was about the persons involved and their connections to the Eagles and me as a fan of the team ... not their value as players versus who played their positions this year.

Shit, Shady never should have been traded IMO but the backs were fucking great this year. Doesn't change me feeling bad that McCoy didn't get to ride on top of a bus on Thursday.

You've tended to miss my point lately ... you did it when I pissed on QBR and you made it about Foles.
                Last edited by slag; 02-10-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Ya maybe I missed the point on this on but still i don't feel bad for Djax slag sorry shady all day long.. As for the QBR you didn't only argue that you shit on Foles as soon as he lost his 1st game this year and we can't win with him even made the statement that you measure a qb success about how many championships they win.. You were dead wrong Foles gave you your best moment as and eagle fan own it
                  Last edited by Spartan92; 02-10-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    I think Barwin wanted to play here but contract was too much. If I recall he was willing to renegotiate.

But Long completely took over his role.

That's just my gut impression. I should look at their contract numbers before I babble on too much.
                    Long has let it be known that he came here at the insistence of Barwin. Despite his having to leave the team, he never left the city (at least mentally), and he helped build a winner.

Comment

Barwin and Shady are the 2 guys I feel worst for, hands down. They were great eagles and it would have been nice for them to get rings with this team. Honestly though, we could make an argument we may not have won a SB with them instead of their collective replacements. Sometimes the makeup and stars align with a certain team. Altering the formula may have altered the final outcome.

I think Long proves he’s > Barwin in Schwartz’s system and the DL rotation this year.

Also, One could definitely argue the 3 headed monster at RB (and their lack of egos) > Shady down the stretch & when we needed it most.

Definitely feel bad for the guys that just left but part of me feels we may not be where we are f they stayed.

I’ll always remember Herb Brooks being the last cut on the 1960 Gold medal winning Olympic team. After they won over the Soviets his Father turned to him and said “well, looks like they made the right decision”.
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-10-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I shit on Foles?

Why ... because I said he didn't see the field like Wentz after the Oakland shitbag performance?

Because I said, with the exception of Foles' first drive, that Sudafed looked more in command in the Cowboy game ?

Both are true ... doesn't mean I also didn't say this:

"But I will continue to do all my pre-game and in-game "team of destiny" karma antics and hope either the rest of the team actually ups their game to help Foles, and/or that Foles somehow plays like the 7-TD Oakland guy and not the Christmas Oakland guy."

Or this, three days before Atlanta:

"By the way ... the fact that they are severely diminished by lack of Wentz does not mean those who view this with the impact it deserves are not rooting for Foles and hoping he gets his groove."

EDITED TO ADD:

Does this look like a guy shitting on Foles?

http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showt...ght=Foles+slag
                        Last edited by slag; 02-10-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Only Shady for me. I frames the picture of him running over the cowpies in the snow game and hung it in my office. Gives me joy every time I look at it. Kudos to Lurie for admitting his mistake and getting rid of the cowchip.
                          ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

PS - and you continue to miss the point about QBR.

My point is: I'd rather have a guy with a worse QBR who wins the Super Bowl than one who has a better QBR and loses.

Uh ... here's the comparison from last Sunday:

QB rating: Foles-106.1, Brady-115.4

That's what I own.
                            Last edited by slag; 02-10-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

the only guy I feel bad for is Sproles

yeah he got his ring, and he can thanks his teammates for that...But that pic of him @ CCG he looked so absent and just bummed,,,,he waited how many years for this stage?

I hope they give Darren another shot.

I feel totally responsible for his injury
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X