Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Eagle who was injured for the SB should sit the home opener.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as the players have yet to attend a single OTA I'm going to hold judgement of who I think the starter should be.

But, like I said, if Foles is the better option to win the game he should play. There's a fair chance he will be.

Choosing a starter for reasons other than that is ridiculous.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Jason Peters to the bench.
      Jordan Hicks to the bench.
      Darren Sproles to the bench.
      Chris Maragos to the bench.
      Carson Wentz to the bench.

They don't deserve to play. Slackers.

Shocking that the Patriots allowed the undeserving Gronkowski to play the home opener in 2017.
      The Eagles should also start the game sans a WR and a DE. Smiith and Curry were part of the Super Bowl winning team. If they can't start in the opener for the Eagles, no one should. The first play calling for two TEs should only have one since Burton is gone. The first nickel defense should be without a CB in honor of Robinson. The first punt will have to be a fake run picked up by a blocker after the ball is snapped to no one.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        Seeing as the players have yet to attend a single OTA I'm going to hold judgement of who I think the starter should be.

But, like I said, if Foles is the better option to win the game he should play. There's a fair chance he will be.

Choosing a starter for reasons other than that is ridiculous.
        Here is my personal and professional experiences.

Most orthopedic docs will quote an optimistic time frame for recovery. Why not? Orthopedic surgery is a different thing. It's not a chronic condition. You want to fix the problem and want to motivate the patient.

When I broke my leg as a kid I was told 6-8 weeks. It ended up being 10 weeks until I was out of the cast.

My colleague broke her arm a couple of weeks ago. She was told 6-8 weeks. It's 7 weeks right now. She will probably be ok to start rehab in a couple more weeks.

I'm just saying it takes time to recover from injury.

I believe it is possible to improve the quality of the recovery but it is difficult to speed up the time of the recovery without sacrificing the quality of the recovery.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Dude, I don't care about your armchair doctoring.

You agreed with the idea that Foles gets the start for non-football reasons even if Wentz is ready.

That's what I commented on. I probably should have commented a level up but didn't so my bad.

That being said, I hope your analysis is wrong and Wentz is ready to go.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Dude, I don't care about your armchair doctoring.

You agreed with the idea that Foles gets the start for non-football reasons even if Wentz is ready.

That's what I commented on. I probably should have commented a level up but didn't so my bad.

That being said, I hope your analysis is wrong and Wentz is ready to go.
            You can really be a jerk sometimes.
            --------

Comment

The way the team pulled together, I'd have to think that a full, whole-team intro would be appropriate. And not for the reasons that Chip did it.

What I would do for the pregame stuff is have maybe a handful of players address the fans, rather than just do the same old introductions. Build on the rapport before hoisting the banner. The place will be jumping (and it will be jumping anyway, but I think this would be great to do).

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                The way the team pulled together, I'd have to think that a full, whole-team intro would be appropriate. And not for the reasons that Chip did it.

What I would do for the pregame stuff is have maybe a handful of players address the fans, rather than just do the same old introductions. Build on the rapport before hoisting the banner. The place will be jumping (and it will be jumping anyway, but I think this would be great to do).
                Good point... you will have enough time for a major pregame show. Give Nick, Agholohr, Elliiott, Ertz, Graham, etc. their moments there

Then hoist the banner, regroup in the locker room and run out onto the field as a team.
                --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  You can really be a jerk sometimes.
                  I disagreed with the nostalgic take. You changed to the medical take. I said that I can't make a call yet because it's early and I have no medical knowledge of the situation. Sarcastically.

You then decided to make sure I knew you have more medical knowledge than I did regarding injuries similar to Wentz's even though we likely have close to the same amount about Wentz himself. Don't get annoyed that I called you an armchair doctor for being an armchair doctor who trumpeted his credentials. You've armchair doctored Wentz since the injury.

Like I said, I hope your wrong about him because a healthy Wentz is better for the Eagles.

Sorry I was mean.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I disagreed with the nostalgic take. You changed to the medical take. I said that I can't make a call yet because it's early and I have no medical knowledge of the situation. Sarcastically.

You then decided to make sure I knew you have more medical knowledge than I did regarding injuries similar to Wentz's even though we likely have close to the same amount about Wentz himself. Don't get annoyed that I called you an armchair doctor for being an armchair doctor who trumpeted his credentials. You've armchair doctored Wentz since the injury.

Like I said, I hope your wrong about him because a healthy Wentz is better for the Eagles.

Sorry I was mean.
                    I'll let everybody reading this exchange draw their own conclusion.

You can be a bit arrogant at times. And not the most friendly person.

Sorry if that puts you in a bad light.
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post

In my opinion the reason Chump did this was to subjugate the star players on the team. Chump was playing High School Harry maneuvers all the way.

Agreed a whole team introduction could have a different meaning here, especially when you consider that some players that might be starting might not even have been on the team last season.
                      --------

Comment

On another note....

Comment

I would start sudafed!

Comment

I agree with this. You announce Foles as starter.

If Wentz is truly ready to go you play him for the bulk of the game. I just have a feeling that Wentz will not be 100 percent ready to go on Sept 6.
                            Every post I've made has been contingent on a healthy Wentz. Are you saying if Wentz is 100 percent healthy, you still want Foles as a sentimental starter? That's what I saw posted by Rothdawg.

Terp and I rarely agree but this nostalgia shit is crazy. No thanks. Save it for the ring ceremony. Get working on the next Lombardi.
                            Last edited by Maniac; 04-10-2018, 10:17 PM.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Nick Foles won the only Super Bowl (and Championship for that matter) that the Eagles have won in my lifetime.

Let him start the game if he is still on the team. It's not like he is an incompetent player. He is a Super Bowl Champion.
                              Wentz isn't a Superbowl champion?
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                                Every post I've made has been contingent on a healthy Wentz. Are you saying if Wentz is 100 percent healthy, you still want Foles as a sentimental starter? That's what I saw posted.

Terp and I rarely agree but this nostalgia shit is crazy. No thanks. Save it for the ring ceremony. Get working on the next Lombardi.
                                I just believe Nick Foles is a starting level NFL QB. I wouldn't take Kirk Cousins over him for example.
                                --------

Comment

Working...
                                X