Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the media’s biggest criticism of Foles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the media’s biggest criticism of Foles?

He couldn’t throw receivers open. Well in these playoffs he dismissed that idea. They forget he had no training camp or preseason because of an elbow injury. It takes time to get your timing with receivers.

I always thought Kelly made a mistake trading him in 15. To expect him to put up numbers in 2014 similar to what he put up in 2013 was unrealistic. Still, before he broke his collarbone that year the Eagles were 6-2.

Would you trade him if you got a second rounder? He's certainly earned the opportunity to try and start somewhere.

Comment

I think if you get the offer, you tell him and give him the choice. Stay in Philly as a backup on a new deal (lower salary/AAV) or go start somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        Would you trade him if you got a second rounder? He's certainly earned the opportunity to try and start somewhere.
        Given that we don’t have a second rounder, yes...IF Carson is 100%

Comment

I've been thinking about this for the last couple weeks, but obviously didn't want to bring it up for jinxy reasons.

I think given the demand for QBs right now (Denver, NYJ, Browns, etc.) and Foles' play last night, they could possibly even get a 1st for Foles. That being said, I don't think I'd even pull the trigger on that until we know Wentz is gonna come back ok.

Not saying that Wentz won't be the same player as he was this season, but if Carson comes back and gets injured again, Foles might need to be the permanent guy.
          Last edited by SOS Crunchy; 02-05-2018, 02:47 PM.
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Sign him for a one year extension

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
            I've been thinking about this for the last couple weeks, but obviously didn't want to bring it up for jinxy reasons.

I think given the demand for QBs right now (Denver, NYJ, Browns, etc.) and Foles' play last night, they could possibly even get a 1st for Foles. That being said, I don't think I'd even pull the trigger on that until we know Wentz is gonna come back ok.

Not saying that Wentz won't be the same player as he was this season, but if Carson comes back and gets injured again, Foles might need to be the permanent guy.
            That gives you insurance for Wentz and it retains trade value. But you’ll have to pay him near 20 for that year to pull it off.
            DB

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              Nope. First rounder or eqivalent. His value is never going to be higher. Better resume than Bradford.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                That gives you insurance for Wentz and it retains trade value. But you’ll have to pay him near 20 for that year to pull it off.
                Pay Foles 20M? You're crazy.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

This I think is the fair thing.

Ask him where he would like to go in the AFC. Tell him if they ask Howie about him, Howie will try to make a deal. If they don’t come for him, he stays in Philly one more year and can go wherever he wants then.

Comment

Working...
                  X