The Virgin Money London Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Virgin Money London Marathon

If any of you guys are interested, I will be running in my 3rd straight London Marathon on Sunday April 22. If any of you are interested, my running number is 46883--you can track me via the London Marathon tracker on the internet. They have not yet put up the link for that yet.

As an aside, I am challenging myself as I am running three marathons to close out the competitive running portion of my fitness regime that I have undergone the last 4 years. I will be doing the Brighton Marathon on Sunday, April 15, London the next week on the 22nd and Edinburgh on May 27.

After this, I may run 4-5 miles 3 or 4 days a week along with lifting weights just to keep in shape.

Proud of ya, Bob. My knees and I have just recently retired from marathons, and I gotta admit they're kind of aching just reading about you running 3 of the bastards in ~5 weeks. Still doing shorter ones though. Got Broad Street 10 miler in Philadelphia in May. Diggle is going to run it with me.

Coincidentally my current regime is 5 miles 3x a week. Good manageable plan. I don't miss those 14, 16, 18, 20 mile Saturdays.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your knees. Believe it or not, training for the last 6 months on nothing but concrete hasn't affected my knees. I count myself very fortunate. Some of my classmates (class of 75 so I am 60 1/2 as of this writing), have had knee replacements, hip replacements, etc. And all were in probably better shape than I was up until 4 years ago. That's when I got tired of being massively overweight and just poor diets. Thanks for the compliments.
      Last edited by bobbyuk; 03-29-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X