Gene Steratore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Steratore

Any problems with how that game was officiated? I think we caught a break having him as the chief Zebra.

Of course the big calls came from NYC, but I thought it was a pretty cleanly called game.

There is nothing I hate more that when a team is 3rd and 20 and it's "Defensive holding... automatic first down!"
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Actually he did a pretty decent job, was a little concerned with how much Gilmore was getting grabby on Jefferies but since we are World Fuckin Champions it does not matter.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

He got the replay TD calls right.

The game calling was consistent for both teams.

Some NE fans complain about the Philly Special with Alshon lining up in the backfield. He was a foot and a half behind what is acceptable (yard and a half off of scrimmage, not two yards), but its a ref judgment call and Alshon check with him first. If he says ok, then its ok. Otherwise the ref would tell him to scoot up. It didn't impact the play.

NE fans don't seem to bring up the 2 point conversion pass interference no call.

As with most SB's, the players play smart, less sloppy and therefore less calls.

I imagine NE's OL got away with some holding. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the clothesline rule in today's NFL, but Van Noy brought down Blount with a clothesline around the neck in that first series. You never see a clothesline in today's NFL and I think many were caught off guard by that.

I believe that was a penalty and at least worthy of being mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        He got the replay TD calls right.

The game calling was consistent for both teams.

Some NE fans complain about the Philly Special with Alshon lining up in the backfield. He was a foot and a half behind what is acceptable (yard and a half off of scrimmage, not two yards), but its a ref judgment call and Alshon check with him first. If he says ok, then its ok. Otherwise the ref would tell him to scoot up. It didn't impact the play.

NE fans don't seem to bring up the 2 point conversion pass interference no call.

As with most SB's, the players play smart, less sloppy and therefore less calls.

I imagine NE's OL got away with some holding. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the clothesline rule in today's NFL, but Van Noy brought down Blount with a clothesline around the neck in that first series. You never see a clothesline in today's NFL and I think many were caught off guard by that.

I believe that was a penalty and at least worthy of being mentioned.
        The whole thing about Jeffrey is ridiculous. He checked with the official before the snap.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

and it was irresponsible of an ex ref to say he was 2 yards off the ball. Don't know what his motive could have been... look how smart I am? Click bait?

Comment

I thought he did a great job, and when they played the sound of him explaining calls, I liked it even more.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              and it was irresponsible of an ex ref to say he was 2 yards off the ball. Don't know what his motive could have been... look how smart I am? Click bait?
              Trying to gild the lily with regard to his Fox gig.

Comment

He did ok,,we always seem to get more called against us

but the Holding for 5 yards and the Automatic 1st down needs to go,,,,same with hands to the face,,,make them both 10 yards,,, if its not enough for the 1st play the down,,,,Just screwing the overall defensive effort.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

This. He was very black and white with his detail about the plays.

Hey, there wasn't a piece of paper deciding a first down, that's a W in my book!

Comment

Working...
                  X