Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to think this will be true

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
    I drove to the Phillies parade in 2008 and parked in a lot less than a mile from 18th and Market. There was nobody on the rode. Thursday might be a different animal though.
    maybe further out, but it should be doable.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      In thinking about it, I'd drive at/near U City/West Philly or other "outer" section of the City and walk/take the train in. I live near 40th and Market and actually don't have too many parking issues. It's not ideal, but reasonable walkable to Broad/the parkway.

I think the outer areas will be doable via car if you can navigate/avoid the Schuylkill, etc.
      Yeah parking on the periphery and walking a ways isn't a bad option... if you get a parking spot. You gotta know the neighborhood where you plan to park. Ideally you could find a lot but I'm sure price gouging will be going on.

I would treat this like when the Pope last came to Philadelphia... but I think it's gonna be worse.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Info:

http://www.philapark.org/2018/02/tra...eagles-parade/

So it looks like two hours to get to the Art Museum from the Linc and then two hours AT the Art Museum
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

My buddy from lancaster got an amtrak ticket last night and now they're all sold out. I'm sure regional rail will be a shitshow. I've got another friend coming in tomorrow night and sleeping over. We're all meeting at 30th street and walking over to the Parkway.

I'd consider driving like Deerspine. Early as well though
          Where are you coming in from? How are you getting to 30th, Amtrak? I wonder if you could drive to 30th and park there somewhere? The walk isn't that bad.

Edit - NM, just read your other post.
          Last edited by D Leff; 02-06-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Fuck it, I just booked parking at the convention center through parkwhiz, only $18. Will be a nice walk down the parkway.

Comment

I live in West Philly. Parking is usually easy in my hood

Comment

You’re all missing the obvious

Fly Eagle Fly!

*****sorry*****
                "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Parking AT 19TH and Market 7:30 am reservation.

We are staying over by the airport on Penrose avenue. Thinking an hour to get to parking spot traveling up 22nd street.

Comment

I live in West Philly. Parking is usually easy in my hood
                    There's a lot available around the convention center for around $20. Easy walk straight down the parkway, about 1.5mi. Can hit up reading terminal at the start too.

Comment

I'm at the front gate of the Linc. No traffic. Parked at some wearhouse. No problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X