With the surprising depth at CB I could see 'us' trading Darby for a 2018 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    You’re saying Sidney Jones, Mills and Douglas.

Absolutely no way.

The most likely way to acquire the picks you are talking about is to trade Foles.
    So you would trade the MVP and most important guy on the team next to Wentz instead of trading 1 of the CB's and the one who got beat time and time again for playing off 10 yards and twisted in the secondary. I am not saying Darby is horrible but I think Douglas played better as a rookie when he was in there.

Comment

Yep, the right way to go.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        you can't trade foles until you're sure Wentz will be back no later than week 2 or 3. i'm not optimistic he will be ready for week 1. foles is the best insurance policy in the league.
        I think they trust Sudfeld to step in. They spent a roster spot last season to lock him up. You don't like him?

Would not trade Darby.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I don't know enough about Sudfeld to make a determination. I slept through the entire Dallas game since it didn't matter.

I do know I'd rather keep Foles as insurance in the event something happens to Wentz. He's a proven commodity in Doug's O. The thought of a repeat appeals to me and I know he's capable of delivering. Why give him away when there's a possibility he may need to do it again?

I'd listen to offers for Darby if they came and we (not they) could get a day 2 pick in this year's draft. I trust Mills and really like what Rasul showed when he filled in as a rookie. Think Sidney Jones is legit. That's some serious talent at CB. Take advantage of a team that is desperate for a CB on a rookie deal.

again, this is brainstorming and a way to gain ammo for the draft. I'd keep this entire SUPER BOWL WINNING TEAM intact if it was up to me. But that's not realistic.

Comment

Bump -- Chris Mortensen was apparently on 97.5 midday show and shared the following:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-ru...rd-round-pick/

Comment

A 2nd would be out of the question like you suggested

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Bump -- Chris Mortensen was apparently on 97.5 midday show and shared the following:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-ru...rd-round-pick/
              because they paid a 3rd for him and he didn’t do anything more this year to warrant more than a 3rd if a trade were to happen.

For a run next year, it would be more comforting to have Darby, but I can see why this trade could actually happen.

It’s a situation in which the Eagles could trade Darby for a 3rd this year, or use him next year and “hope” he garners a 3rd round in the 2020 draft. In the NFL, a 3rd in 2018 is more value than in 2020. Since the Eagles are indeed salary cap strapped this year and next, it makes a lot of sense.

Personally I think they are putting too much trust in Jones. Unless they sign Pederson or a vet, the Eagles will end up giving the job to Jones with virtually no NFL experience.

Comment

Also to add.

The 2020 “potential” 3rd round compensatory pick would be at the end of the round. So no matter what. A third round pick in a trade is better than any compensatory pick the Eagles could get for him 2 years later.

Comment

After watching Nnamdi, DRC, Sconces, Nolan Carroll, and Bradley Fletcher for 6 years, I wouldn't be a fan of that move.

Comment

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
                    After watching Nnamdi, DRC, Sconces, Nolan Carroll, and Bradley Fletcher for 6 years, I wouldn't be a fan of that move.
                    While true, they won a super bowl with Mills at corner (and he got better), Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones. They didn't have that depth and that would allow them to move darby (or someone else).

Then they could start getting younger along the d-line, safety and depth/starters at linebacker.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Jones was, without question, a shut down stud CB pre injury. I’m sure he can start. If not, rasul Douglas is a hell of an insurance policy. Really liked his style of play and competiveness as a rookie.

It’s a good problem to have. One I’m frankly stunned is the case considering we’re we were st this point last season.
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-06-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

You cannot start them all

You cannot keep them all

Something has to give.

Darby makes most sense since he’s next up for an extension
                        Off his rookie contract.
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-06-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I get the reasoning behind it, but I feel like I'd rather stockpile right now and go for the repeat. Since Robinson is likely gone, if you get rid of Darby then it's one injury away from that position possibly being a liability again

Comment

It makes some sense, but I think you can keep them all for one year. Jones may be rusty and Douglas may not be fully ready. With Robinson gone, losing Darby would hurt in that scenario.

Comment

I think Darby is only traded if they bring PRob back.

No way they extend him next offseason. I'd do it for a 3rd in a heartbeat.

Comment

If they bring back Robinson then I would be okay with it, but I'm not sure he'll be affordable given the cap situation. He probably made himself a good bit of money this year

Comment

Working...
                                X