Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone not cry when when they won it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so stressed out on that final drive, even though they needed a TD plus a 2 pt convert, I just didn't react. The final call was so bad too that I had to see that the clock was at zero to figure out that they'd won as I've mentioned in other threads. When I saw the guys in the end zone running I knew it was over and screamed like I never have before. I couldn't sleep that night so I watched all the NFL network stuff and read posts. Got a little misty eyed watching Didinger get emotional in his interview. Still seems a little surreal actually.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      Like you, I called my Dad after the game. Complete nonsense conversation like the one you described.

I know a lot of people on the board were not fortunate enough to share the moment with their parents. I cannot compensate for that, but I hope our happiness reaches out to all those who were not here to participate in the celebration. Happiness has been doubled! God bless all Eagles fans, present and departed.
      I’ve thought more about my dad these past few weeks than I had in years, he passed back in 1988, he suffered from PTSD from WWII lost part of his leg his boat was hit by a Japanese torpedo, he was lucky, the man next to him was killed, I never received the full story from my mother until much later after he passed, his source of happiness came on Sundays during Eagles football, win or lose. My mom gave me his Purple Heart when he passed, I kept it in a box and have only taken it out during the two SB’s the Eagles have been a part of. When the Hail Mary hit the turf, I had my dad’s legacy pinned to my Wentz Salute to Service Jersey.

Damn that was tough to type, but it just shows the passion of this fan base, it simply means more to us, that’s why I’ve posted more often since it happened I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting any of you in person but this was the first place I came after celebrating with my family.

Comment

Yeah I was totally shocked at first

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Nah ... it was woo hoo ... not boo hoo.
        It didn't even sink in for a few minutes.
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

same here,,the moment we won was awe and shock!

I had moments of tears of Joy over the next week and during the parade,,,but at the moment was more screaming and emotion..
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

As I have previously posted, I was in a bar with my wife and son and we were doing the whole hug ... dance around ... Rocky-on-the-steps double fist raise ... high fiving random strangers, waitresses and bouncers thing.

Had a lot of money left on my table minimum so I spent it all on a overpriced bottle 'a bub.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
              I did not, and was very surprised. I think I was in disbelief. When the Phils won in 2008 I cried like a pussy. Just years and years of adult frustration all released at once.

I thought for sure I would ball if the Eagles won it. I think it took me a while to process it...
              Same and then I cried at the weirdest thing...the next AM listening to a news report on the radio. Just generic news man following world news stories with "...and the Philadelphia Eagles won their first super bowl last night over the New England Patriots".

I just started bawling in my car to work. It felt like what I would hear in my head as a child dreaming if we won. It made it official.

Comment

I did. I had just buried my Grandfather the day before and he was the one who got me into the Eagles as a little kid. We would watch every big game at his house. Emotionally charged weekend for sure, but it ended great!

Comment

I did...

my 85 year old father has been in poor health since before the holidays...thought of him immediately and called (talked gibberish like you guys also) So happy he got to see them do it!! Did have my son with me however...unforgettable

Comment

I was dumbfounded. Later when my daughters called me I teared a little, but my initial was disbelief followed by rapture.

I have just come into possession of some verboten Zigarren and can finally celebrate in the style this great championship deserves.

Comment

That’s awesome, man. Hope your father starts feeling better.

Comment

I'll admit that I got a bit misty when I watched that vid of all the various Eagle fans reacting.

But it was more like I get every holiday season when George Bailey gets mad stacks from the people of Bedford Falls at the end of It's A Wonderful Life ... a quick eye wipe, not full newborn with a wet diaper.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                        X