Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone not cry when when they won it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like a 5 year old that just dropped his ice cream cone!

Comment

The ending was difficult to process.

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      I didn't.

I went to hug a friend of mine but I think he wasn't fully aware of what just happened for a moment. That was pure joy.

Now when I rewatch some of this stuff I get a little weepy from time to time.
      Find the ball
      Make sure it’s falls harmless
      Look for a flag
      Look for the time
      Look for Eagles celebrating
      Listen for some kind of sound confirmation too

Comment

I cried days later when it all sank in at the parade. I was at the game and was jumping up and down screaming, giggling and clapping like a little school girl. I had no voice on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
          Find the ball
          Make sure it’s falls harmless
          Look for a flag
          Look for the time
          Look for Eagles celebrating
          Listen for some kind of sound confirmation too
          First thing I looked for after the ball hit the ground was double 0 on the clock. Then any flag.

Then one of the best statements ever: "This is the end of the game"
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Nah ... it was woo hoo ... not boo hoo.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I STILL TEAR UP. WATCHING VIDS OF HOW HAPPY PHANS WERE/ARE. WATCHING THE LAST 2:00 MINUTES OF THE GAME.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

1. My wife started crying when Barnett recovered the fumble because she thought that was it. And she is only an Eagles fan by marriage indoctrination.

2. I knew it wasn't over but seeing her cry got to me a little.

3. Definitely cried when it was over. Called my dad and was just screaming nonsense into the phone. Facetimed my daughter who was at college in Atlanta and just going nuts. And just for fun I did 2 things I never do.... popped a bottle of champagne and lit a cigar.

This is either a stupid or obvious thing to say but its just a tremendous source of happiness for me on days when I need it.

And one last thing....the videos of people going nuts at their respective houses, parties or bars are even better than the game highlights for me. I'm just so happy for all of us.
                Last edited by Squire; 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                  1. My wife started crying when Barnett recovered the fumble because she thought that was it. And she is only an Eagles fan by marriage indoctrination.

2. I knew it wasn't over but seeing her cry got to me a little.

3. Definitely cried when it was over. Called my dad and was just screaming nonsense into the phone. Facetimed my daughter who was at college in Atlanta and just going nuts. And just for fun I did 2 things I never do.... popped a bottle of champagne and lit a cigar.

This is either a stupid or obvious thing to say but its just a tremendous source of happiness for me on days when I need it.

And one last thing....the videos of people going nuts at their respective houses, parties or bars are even better than the game highlights for me. I'm just so happy for all of us.
                  I had a bottle of Cava on ice at my friends house... It took me a few minutes to remember I had it to pop the dam thing! We did enjoy it eventually.
                  --------

Comment

I had a bottle of Cava on ice at my friends house... It took me a few minutes to remember I had it to pop the dam thing! We did enjoy it eventually.
                    I decided that all those times/years of "trying to not jinx it" were BS and did a Costanza-opposite thing. Bought the cigars, champagne and had hotel reservations lined up for the eventual parade.

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                      I decided that all those times/years of "trying to not jinx it" were BS and did a Costanza-opposite thing. Bought the cigars, champagne and had hotel reservations lined up for the eventual parade.
                      Like you, I called my Dad after the game. Complete nonsense conversation like the one you described.

I know a lot of people on the board were not fortunate enough to share the moment with their parents. I cannot compensate for that, but I hope our happiness reaches out to all those who were not here to participate in the celebration. Happiness has been doubled! God bless all Eagles fans, present and departed.
                      --------

Comment

I didn't cry, but I felt like I had been hit by a truck. That day, from the moment I woke, until the clock hit 0, was such an emotional roller coaster.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Like you, I called my Dad after the game. Complete nonsense conversation like the one you described.

I know a lot of people on the board were not fortunate enough to share the moment with their parents. I cannot compensate for that, but I hope our happiness reaches out to all those who were not here to participate in the celebration. Happiness has been doubled! God bless all Eagles fans, present and departed.
                          FATHER WASN'T A SPORTS FAN. STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM. HE DOESN'T CARE. MY UNCLE, DIFFERENT STORY.
                          I HAD OLD FRIENDS, COWORKERS, I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM IN 5,6 YEARS TRACKING ME DOWN TO SAY CONGRATS.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I took a shot of Eagles Rare in the car for luck before the game. So damn excited afterwards that I didn't take a shot-following the game.

I had a bottle at the parade though!

Comment

I would have cried if they won in Jacksonville. I was home watching it by myself and the SB was a long time coming from 1980. This time was all joy. Get a little misty at some of the vids.

SB I said to myself this win has to happen, as if there were no other option. Couldn't imagine losing again with such long intervals between SB appearances.

Comment

(phew) And I Thought I Was The Only One Who Didn’t Cry

My wife and I watched the game and I thought there was no way I could avoid the water works if the Birds won. Instead I found myself walking around the living room, the dining room, the hall shouting things like “YES, they WON!!” and other things like it. Tossed in a few “Finally”s — but it wasn’t until she went to bed and I was watching the celebration that the tears finally came.

Of course, now I cry almost every time as I watch the AMAZING videos that keep coming out in Youtube and such.
                                Last edited by Kelly Green; 02-27-2018, 12:43 PM.
                                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Working...
                                X