Fuck the NFL officials and their bullshit proclamations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck the NFL officials and their bullshit proclamations

I don't know about you, built I find the NFL Officials reply to the Morelli petition as such total bullshit as to make me take great offense. In particular, the way their statement talks down to us, the people that pay their poorly earned salaries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON – The NFL Referees Association strongly denounces recent media reports alleging bias in NFL officiating.
    “Claims like these demonstrate a fundamental lack of knowledge about NFL officiating,” said NFLRA Executive Director Scott Green. “NFL officials are graded on every call made in every game. Missing a single one can hurt his or her ranking and may be the difference between working in the postseason or not.”
    “These recent attempts to sensationalize statistics and create click-bait headlines lack important context,” Green continued. “Without the proper perspective, the information being pushed is completely misguided.”
    For example:
    The reports incorrectly focus solely on number of penalties called and the total yardage assessed on a team compared to its opponent.
    This relies solely on end-of-game statistics, which are not an accurate picture of the game’s called penalties. It fails to take into account that some penalties that are called are declined.
    Conversely, not all penalty yardage is equal. Team A may be assessed 30 penalty yards via six separate five-yard fouls, but Team B could be assessed 30 yards through one pass interference penalty.
    Finally, to insinuate that a specific crew is historically biased against a team fails to consider the reality that crews are made up of different officials each season.
    “The passion of NFL fans and teams are a big part of what makes the game so great,” Green said. “However, it’s no excuse for the irresponsible and baseless claims we’ve seen lately.WangNuts NFL officials are committed to upholding the integrity of the game and do so every week.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott Green is so full of shit it comes out of his ears. He talks down to us as though only a truly seasoned NFL exec could actually understand the meaning of game day stats. And, his simplistic statement really holds no water. Any sixth grader could explain it to this shithead.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Your first mistake is thinking that they actually give a shit.

Comment

I agree but the petition was a total joke

When was the last time one of those pointless change.org petitions has accomplished anything?

Comment

Even if the petition were a joke, it served its purpose in drawing out a public display of the contempt the referees have for us the fans.

Comment

Pointing out the bullshit in this response is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Here is a statistic you never see but would really get to the heart of the matter - penalties resulting in first downs. Six penalties for 30 yards could result in no first downs or could result in six if they were all for defensive holding, which is the most blatantly ignored penalty foul in the NFL game.

Comment

I love how they call the claims "baseless" and "sensationalized." That's rich. We're talking about, at a minimum, a 4 game sample size that shows a large (not small, large) disparity in calls. The NFL's best bet would have been to admit the optics and claim it is a coincidence. Getting this defensive only reinforces to me that there is something to it.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by WhyYouMadThough View Post
              When was the last time one of those pointless change.org petitions has accomplished anything?
              They are stupid but it did get the attention of the people who need to see it, even if they dont exactly care.
              Last edited by broadstreetparade; 10-20-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Two Great points.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                Pointing out the bullshit in this response is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Here is a statistic you never see but would really get to the heart of the matter - penalties resulting in first downs. Six penalties for 30 yards could result in no first downs or could result in six if they were all for defensive holding, which is the most blatantly ignored penalty foul in the NFL game.
                Nicely done.
                DB

Comment

DID ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE IT WOULD GO ANY OTHER WAY THAN NFL CALLING PHILLY FANS A BUNCH OF UNKNOWLEDGEABLE FOOTBALL IDIOTS?
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

this

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                    I love how they call the claims "baseless" and "sensationalized." That's rich. We're talking about, at a minimum, a 4 game sample size that shows a large (not small, large) disparity in calls. The NFL's best bet would have been to admit the optics and claim it is a coincidence. Getting this defensive only reinforces to me that there is something to it.
                    the conspiracy runs deep, but it's no coincidence that the league jumped up significantly through parity. The NFL wants parity no matter the cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X