Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back for THE game (phew!). Have you ever.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back for THE game (phew!). Have you ever.....

ridden in the back of an ambulance? Really strange. Made me feel like I was in some kind of movie. Maybe a Hannibal Lechter flick. I had this overwhelming urge to grab a scalpel, slash the throats of the three EMT's, cut the straps holding me to the gurney, and then escaping out the back door of the moving van.

On second thought, maybe not such a good idea, as they were trying hard to help me through this little episode. So I gave my body up to them. A couple days in the hospital for observation, and I'm good to go.

At least no one told me that I've got to remain calm and not get too excited. Don't think that was happening.

When the doctor came to say I was ok to be sent home, I replied with a smile, "Of course Doc, never a motherfucking doubt baby!"

So now......................E-A-G-L-E-S.....EAGLES!!!!!
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

What happened OB?
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Bad case of SVT (prolonged rapid heartbeat)

Normal heartbeat is around 90, mine was sustained around 200.

Treatment is a shot that in effect stops, then re-starts your heart. Thankfully, it worked just fine. Now I've 2 new pills to take each day.

If only for a moment, it did cross my mind that this would be one fucked up time to die (is there a good time?), a couple days before Philedelphia finally wins a Super Bowl.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Glad you're ok Brookie

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
        Normal heartbeat is around 90, mine was sustained around 200.

Treatment is a shot that in effect stops, then re-starts your heart. Thankfully, it worked just fine. Now I've 2 new pills to take each day.

If only for a moment, it did cross my mind that this would be one fucked up time to die (is there a good time?), a couple days before Philedelphia finally wins a Super Bowl.
        I had a few bouts with tachycardia, very scary.
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Hang in there brother

we need you tonight.

P.S. the Mrs. is all in now.

Comment

SVT is no joke. What did they prescribe you?
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

JAYSUS!! Don't want to hear about anymore ambulace rides! My dad had two before Christmas for his heart and I thought he was gone the second time. Glad you're ok!
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I had a patient yesterday who was in the 200s. Had to send him to ICU.

Comment

Had a few..........

The shot to restore normal rhythm is Adenosine. It works almost immediately.

Before I left the hospital I got a shot of a blood thinner in my belly.

Took home scripts for Lisinopril (for hypertension)

and Metoprolol (beta blocker)
                  Last edited by Overbrook; 02-04-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK.....

....need you here today!!
                    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Glad to hear doing better! I could see you pulling a Major League 2 if they had to keep you. “I LOVE THIS SHIT! I MAY MOVE TO ENGLAND!!!!”
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

My mother in law had that last year. I told her, “Man, if you had your Fitbit on you’d have been credited with SO much exercise!”

Glad to hear you got it down. Deep breaths from 6:30-9:30!
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

What did I tell you about doing.....

.....poppers with Jerry Pennacoli.

Comment

You only warned me...................

about the gerbils.

You never mentioned don't do the poppers.

Comment

Scary shit,,but good news,,, just relax there Brookie

and let the Resbians do thier Job

watch the Defense Roll! glad your home and feeling better best luck to you and yours!
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X