Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the great debate: stay in philly? or go to superbowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the great debate: stay in philly? or go to superbowl?

removing $$$ as a factor....

do you stay in Philly? hang with friends, hope for the greatest night on Broad st in your lifetime.

or do you fly to Minnesota? see the game, go to sb parties, hope to be there for the first SB in franchise history.

tough call.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Super Bowl isn’t for the fans anymore. It’s for elitists who don’t care about the game aside from saying they went. My vote is stay.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post

do you stay in Philly? hang with friends, hope for the greatest night on Broad st in your lifetime.

or do you fly to Minnesota? see the game, go to sb parties, hope to be there for the first SB in franchise history.

tough call.
      I have a possible connection for tickets. I bought a ticket to Philly last night, before any tough decision had a chance to present itself.

When *it* happens, there's nowhere in the world you'd rather be. Stay home.

Comment

Fly to Minny and take in some of the hoopla during the week. Tons of parties and events and you've got the right connections.

Then fly home on Saturday and enjoy the game with the people who matter in the city that matters.

Comment

My wife and I, and the dog, are driving to Minneapolis to experience this - barring a blizzard while crossing the Northern Prairie.
          A Super Bowl.
          (We thought about going to Philadelphia, but what if they lost?)
          Go Eagles!

Comment

if money were no object, i think i'd go to the game. seeing a victory in person would trump a party on broad street, imo.

as an out-of-towner who can't afford tickets, going down to philadelphia is an easy decision. tough call is where to watch the game.

Comment

Go to the game

How great would it be to have an Igglephans gayte there?
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

We aren't staying home. We are staying in Center City to hopefully take in all the madness. Still not sure where to watch, but I know I want to be part of the mayhem.

Comment

In 2005

there were tickets available and I said "eh, Jacksonville is kinda lame..." I think they were around $1200.

I've regretted it ever since. I'm getting older, and while the ticket prices are astronomical, they aren't likely to be cheaper for any future SB.

I've got my permission slip signed, and at this point, I'm just waiting to pounce on the right ticket offer. If we go, my buddy and I will head to Minneapolis Saturday morning and come back early Tuesday.

Aside from the cash, here are the negatives: cold as fuck (highs in the upper teens that weekend), need a hotel by the light rail line, and flights out of foreskinville are pretty high.

Positives: being a part of that Skol-fucked scene and hopefully running into one or two of youse guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post

tough call.
                    NOT HAVING MONEY? NO ISSUE, HOME. NOT EVEN DOWNTOWN. HAVING ENOUGH SCRATCH TO EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING, I'M ON A PLANE.

BUT IF THE CASH FLOW IS BETWEEN GOING BOWL OR GOING TO U.K. FOR JAGOFFS GAME, OVER THE POND IT IS.

REMOVING SCRATCH FROM EQUATION IS BEYOND MY FEEBLE BRAIN, SINCE IT IS THE ESSENTIAL PART OF IT FOR ME.
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-23-2018, 08:25 AM.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I was very disappointed with the crowd at the Jacksonville super bowl. As slizz said it’s mostly corporate douchebags and clients being shmoozed by sales guys. For every diehard lifer there are 2 non fans watching their iPhones the whole game.

It’s gonna be so cold you literally have to race to indoor events and cannot enjoy anything outside.
                      I’d definitely stay in philly and experience it with friends, family, and strangers who may become friends at 0:00.
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-23-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        I've regretted it ever since. I'm getting older, and while the ticket prices are astronomical, they aren't likely to be cheaper for any future SB.
                        I was there with my son and a few Igglephans faithful (Zubaz, Ells, IE, and Bardy to name a few). The game itself was okay, but I agree with the assessment that it wasn't anything like home, and not even as much fun as an away game. Too many disinterested douchebags, and the overall atmosphere had a fake, ad-driven veneer about it.

What made the trip for me was the time leading up to the game, and being able to enjoy a trip with fairly nice weather, excited fans, and lots of hype. I keep trying to imagine what it would be like having everybody crammed indoors in potentially freezing conditions, and it just doesn't sound like fun. And I'm sorry...but I can't say that money isn't a factor. To me, other than watching the game, there isn't a lot of value in going to Minneapolis.

Comment

Pretty much what has been said.Went to jax, great time and fun with everyone. I made my mind up about two months ago. GO To PHilly. Minnisota is just not doing it for me. Not really up for dropping 5 k. SO I WILL BE IN PHILLY For The weekend and days after.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                            I was there with my son and a few Igglephans faithful (Zubaz, Ells, IE, and Bardy to name a few). The game itself was okay, but I agree with the assessment that it wasn't anything like home, and not even as much fun as an away game. Too many disinterested douchebags, and the overall atmosphere had a fake, ad-driven veneer about it.

What made the trip for me was the time leading up to the game, and being able to enjoy a trip with fairly nice weather, excited fans, and lots of hype. I keep trying to imagine what it would be like having everybody crammed indoors in potentially freezing conditions, and it just doesn't sound like fun. And I'm sorry...but I can't say that money isn't a factor. To me, other than watching the game, there isn't a lot of value in going to Minneapolis.
                            WITH YOUR DESCRIPTION OF THE TRIP, MAKES YA THINK, I'D BE STAYING IN PHILLY ALSO.

BUT TO HAVE THAT EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR SON, ALL THEM YEARS AGO, CAN NEVER BE TAKEN AWAY AND IS SOMETHING PRETTY SPECIAL. SOMETHING HE'LL REMEMBER LONG AFTER YOUR GONE.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
                              Pretty much what has been said.Went to jax, great time and fun with everyone. I made my mind up about two months ago. GO To PHilly. Minnisota is just not doing it for me. Not really up for dropping 5 k. SO I WILL BE IN PHILLY For The weekend and days after.
                              LIKE I SAID AT THE GAYTE, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO BE HOME AT 5:15 A.M. MONDAY MORNIN. NO CHANCE I WILL BE HOME IF I GO IN TOWN.

BEING RESPONSIBLE KINDA SUCKS SOMETIMES.

BUT DO HAVE COVERAGE, BY CHANCE OF BEING AT SPORTS COMPLEX FOR PARADE. FOR PHILS PARKED IN LOT WALKED UP A FEW BLOCKS ABOVE SNYDER THEN FOLLOWED BACK DOWN TO THE BANK.

Comment

Working...
                              X