IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 10-14-2017, 02:41 PM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "Still too much gun run for Blount ......"
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag View Post
Still too much gun run for Blount ... in fact WTF was he doing running Barner wide too many times when setting Blount up 7 yds behind Wentz and running him between the tackles was killing that defense?
I don't know about Barner, but I can see where you might want to run from the shotgun at times.

But in the past they never had the QB under center in short yardage. That was a fail. We had some QB sneaks and other successful short yardage plays this past game. That was a win.

You can't spell FIASCO without the F.O. FIFTY SIX years and counting...
#proimmigrant
IronEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "One other thing: Maybe Gomer is more..."
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point

We shall see what people are saying if he does something that's too aggressive in a playoff game and they lose as a result.

We all want to win and we all want this to be the real thing, but I've been listening to WIP this morning and it's off the fucking hook.

It's getting into the territory of last year, when I called WIP after one of the first four games and screamed that Wentz was not just better than Brady and Rogers ... he was better than Uncle Rico!!! (I think you were in the car then, right?)

We're six weeks in ... SIX.
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "I don't know about Barner, but I can..."
slag

The QB sneak thing is great ... Reid drove us nuts with passes in those spots.
Unread 10-14-2017, 02:44 PM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "We shall see what people are saying if..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
We shall see what people are saying if he does something that's too aggressive in a playoff game and they lose as a result.

We all want to win and we all want this to be the real thing, but I've been listening to WIP this morning and it's off the fucking hook.

It's getting into the territory of last year, when I called WIP after one of the first four games and screamed that Wentz was not just better than Brady and Rogers ... he was better than Uncle Rico!!! (I think you were in the car then, right?)

We're six weeks in ... SIX.
Yeah, they regressed late in the season last year and there is no reason to take anything for granted.

But there is definitely reason to be a little optimistic. Defense, Offense, and STs all look better than last season. Nothing is for sure in the NFL but the Eagles are in a good spot at this point. I am pleased with what I am seeing.

#proimmigrant
Unread 10-14-2017, 02:46 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "You know what I like? Gomer is now..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

FF's unwillingness to run QB sneaks with McNabb drove me nuts. The shortest way to gaining a foot is to let your 240 lb QB forward.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 02:52 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Yeah, they regressed late in the season..."
slag

Default Of course

Can't complain with 5-1 and a play or two from beating the Chiefs on their field.

But ...

Unread 10-14-2017, 03:10 PM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "The QB sneak thing is great ... Reid..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
The QB sneak thing is great ... Reid drove us nuts with passes in those spots.
You can still call a pass there with the QB under center. The point is you want the opposing defense to respect the threat of a QB sneak or run.

#proimmigrant
Unread 10-14-2017, 03:14 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "You can still call a pass there with..."
slag

Along those lines, I'd like to see them run Blount more from under center and then go play action to a deep ball out of it.

I haven't really "charted" it, but I don't have the general impression they do that much.
Unread 10-14-2017, 03:22 PM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "Along those lines, I'd like to see them..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
Along those lines, I'd like to see them run Blount more from under center and then go play action to a deep ball out of it.

I haven't really "charted" it, but I don't have the general impression they do that much.
Some of this depends on the QB's ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage. I am not sure Wentz is 100 percent there yet but I think his progress is encouraging.

#proimmigrant
Unread 10-14-2017, 03:24 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "To me it is man management. The players..."
3rd & Inches

Being a journeyman backup QB kept him grounded.
500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.
3rd & Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 03:25 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Some of this depends on the QB's..."
slag

Huh?

Every play is a read.
Unread 10-14-2017, 05:13 PM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "Huh? Every play is a read."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
Huh?

Every play is a read.
I believe in the past the Eagles have had some limits on the QB's ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage.

#proimmigrant
Unread 10-14-2017, 05:36 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "I believe in the past the Eagles have..."
brotherharv

Biggest thing for me, as good as Thursday Night was, the most impressive thing was the way they manhandled Arizona. The stench of playing down to their level and taking 2 quarters to wake up has always been frustrating as hell. Definitely enjoyable this year to see a team that seems ready to ball out of the tunnel.
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 06:15 PM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "Still too much gun run for Blount ......"
RSE
Señor Counsel

Barner looks to me like he is fast but not really quick. That can fly in the return game but it is not good running from scrimmage.
Unread 10-14-2017, 07:12 PM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "Barner looks to me like he is fast but..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Given the limited options available, I think Barner is ok. He is definitely a downgrade from Sproles, but he is comfortable with the team and the team is comfortable with hin.

#proimmigrant
Unread 10-14-2017, 07:16 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "I agree with this 100 percent and was..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
I agree with this 100 percent and was saying the same thing during the game.

He is a player's coach and the antithesis of Chump Kelly.

He still makes some curious play calls but I cannot argue with the results so far this year.
Have to give Lurie some credit. Not only did he shitcan Chump with extreme prejudice, by throwing him out of the building during a game week, but he recognized exactly what was wrong with Chump, and somehow managed to find his polar opposite in a thin, weak field, when seemingly nobody wanted to come to Philly.

But Slag's right, it's no time for dick sucking quite yet. We've seen hot starts fizzle out before. But this one looks and feels way more more real than 1994 or 2014. The position this team is in right now -- less than two years after Chump left them in ruins -- is pretty stunning.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote