Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE DEAD ANIMAL CRAP IN HOCKEY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE DEAD ANIMAL CRAP IN HOCKEY?

I'M NO ROCKET SCIENTIST, OBVIOUSLY, BUT DAMN, I JUST DON'T GET IT.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

I know, only weirdos would carry dead animals to sporting events.

Comment

Ha! He got ya, DSG!
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
        I know, only weirdos would carry dead animals to sporting events.
        TOUCHE'.
        BADA DUM TISS.

SERIOUSLY, DO CATFISH, SQUIDS AND WHATEVER ELSE GETS TOSSED ON THE ICE HAVE ANY MEANING?

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
          TOUCHE'.
          BADA DUM TISS.

SERIOUSLY, DO CATFISH, SQUIDS AND WHATEVER ELSE GETS TOSSED ON THE ICE HAVE ANY MEANING?
          Lol, I think it started with the Octopus in Detroit. 8 arms on the Octopus, 8 wins (at the time) for the Stanley Cup.

Each club has their own stupid reason for doing it, Florida with Rats, Nashville with Catfish, etc. It's dumb.

Comment

This is an old article, but explains some of it:

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2012/...reakdown/1992/

Comment

HOLY CRAP, SINCE1952. I WATCH HOCKEY ONLY FOR FLYERS, AND NOT THAT MUCH AS OF LATE, NEVER PAID MUCH ATTENTION TO THE REST OF LEAGUE.

Comment

Everything is child's play compared to a deerspine with head.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

NEVER ENTERED MY FEEBLE MIND TO TRY TO TOSS THE SOMABITCH ON THE FIELD. COPS TOLD ME I COULDN'T TAKE IT IN ANYWAY.
                  TRIED TO HAND IT TO HIM. YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS A RATTLESNAKE WITH AIDS THE WAY HE MOVED HIS HAND AWAY.

Comment

Fucking classic!
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I think it started with Detroit and the octopus.

Red Wing fans would throw an octopus on the ice. Eight legs. Eight games to win the Cup, back then.

For Florida, I believe that a player beat a rat to death with his stick before a playoff game, and the team made it to the Finals that year. Fans took to throwing rubber rats on the ice after that.

Nashville and the catfish....who knows? Just a hick thing to do, I guess.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'VE GIVEN THIS SOME THOUGHT. IF PHILLY IS KNOWN FOR CHEESE STEAKS, MAYBE WE SHOULD BE THROWING COWS ON THE ICE.
                        JUST A THOUGHT AT 2:40 A.M.
                        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 06-15-2017, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X