another team, another championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another team, another championship

except in philly. what a fucking shitty city sports organization in total. all the owners should get the full metal jacket treatment.

sigh...tired of wearing "pride on our sleeve"...would rather win some championships.

for sports, pretty much the butthole of "big" sports cities.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Honestly, even though I dislike the Penguins, I think that Nashville winning would have pissed me off more.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      Honestly, even though I dislike the Penguins, I think that Nashville winning would have pissed me off more.
      Living in Pittsburgh made the reaction worse. My neighborhood literally had horns going off and stuff like that.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Battle of Pennsylvania 4 current major teams

Pittsburgh - 16 World Championships

Philadelphia - 9 World Championships

Comment

There was a hockey game last night?

I watched the USMNT tie Mexico at Azetca.
          Last edited by slag; 06-12-2017, 09:24 AM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I see the fans are celebrating by berating the Nashville fan base (by abusing catfish and the like), as well. Those chodes just can't be happy with success unless they shit on everbody else.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
              except in philly. what a fucking shitty city sports organization in total. all the owners should get the full metal jacket treatment.

sigh...tired of wearing "pride on our sleeve"...would rather win some championships.

for sports, pretty much the butthole of "big" sports cities.
              It's disgusting to say the least. My only saving grace living in the Pittsburgh area is watching the Pirates choke each fall. But that's all I got.... and pointing out that nobody cares about hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                It's disgusting to say the least. My only saving grace living in the Pittsburgh area is watching the Pirates choke each fall. But that's all I got.... and pointing out that nobody cares about hockey
                I made the mistake of pointing that out to my fiancé (who is from Pittsburgh) last night. Needless to say I got a tongue lashing.

She literally didn't start watching hockey till the playoffs this year.

Like I said earlier, one of my neighbors has a goal horn and would literally set it off every time the Pens scored in the playoffs. It made my skin crawl.
                Last edited by nerd; 06-12-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I got my boss one of those that was set to go off when the Blues scored. I forgot he had it.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    I got my boss one of those that was set to go off when the Blues scored. I forgot he had it.
                    It would go off and then all the dogs in the neighborhood would start barking. At least I knew when they scored though.

Comment

I was trying to figure out how many championships Pittsburgh teams have one a championship since I met my wife. It's pretty depressing.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Me too. Thought it was a pretty good result considering Mexico dominated the ball for most of the game. The Mexico goal was kind of a bummer - Beasley got smoked (he is like 50 after all) and, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like a top flight keeper has a good chance at making that save. Not a huge Guzan fan. USMNT is starting to look a lot better, though.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Definitely ... they actually had opportunities to win the game but considering the time of possession, the free kick off the crossbar that Guzan was stone beat on, and the venue, that was found money.

Speaking of possession ... I almost threw something at the TV when the US had a throw in ... and for the 27th fucking time could have thrown it back to an open defender and tried to control a move forward ... but instead threw into a mixed crowd of marked players for an instant loss of possession.
                          Last edited by slag; 06-12-2017, 01:48 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

and Pulisic almost wins it towards the end

He didn't have many chances, but it's nice to see the kid play the game right and get back on defense.

Imagine if he had buried that chance with a few minutes left in the game.
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Oh. And Arena's excuse for not starting Howard...

was he believed that there would be a lot of goal kicks. He was spot on there. I guess TIMMAYYYYYY's leg is still bothering him a bit after the surgery.

That being said, I hope to God that there is a young goaltender in the pipeline, because after Howard there is utter crap at the moment.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X