Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Slag

I want my ten hours back.

I think I know what you are talking about... it was bad.

Comment

I didn't think the bad guy was a pimple on the ass of Malvo or Milligan ... said it from the beginning ... it's been confirmed.
      Last edited by slag; 06-22-2017, 08:25 AM. Reason: typo
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

A different take.

http://ew.com/recap/fargo-season-3-finale/
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

It was better than the vast majority of the dreck on TV, but it was not nearly as entertaining as the other two for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
            The fact that we spent 10% of the season in an LA flashback exploring the backstory of a character nobody seemed to care all that much about, whose life ultimately had very little to do with the story, drove me nuts more than anything else this season. It was the worst episode of the entire series and it served almost no purpose at all.

Overall, my initial take was probably harsh. There were some fantastic moments this season, and Ep 8 was one of the best of the series. I just think Hawley bit off more than he could chew for a ten episode season, and there were too many elements dangling at the end, elements that just weren't as important as they seemed when they were introduced (The East Germany interrogation, the Wandering Jew, etc).

Still the second best show on TV, but BCS has a clear and commanding lead on it. I think this was the last season though. Using Carter Burwell's film score at the end felt like a bow wrapping up the series.

Comment

Yeah, all in all it was not near as good as the first two but it certainly had its moments. The bowling alley, the woods, the office takeover and ray smoking the blunt in the car
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                Yeah, all in all it was not near as good as the first two but it certainly had its moments. The bowling alley, the woods, the office takeover and ray smoking the blunt in the car
                The Wandering Jew at the bar was great. The bus, the woods, the re-introduction of Wrench... all really good stuff. In the end, it just didn't amount to much.

Comment

The Coen bros' references to Jewish mythology are, frankly, a tad too cryptic for me.

I still can't figure out WTF the beginning of A Serious Man has to do with the rest of the movie but, like most of their films, it gets better and funnier the more times I watch it.
                  Last edited by slag; 06-22-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

By bad, I mean compared to the first 2 seasons. Still better than most stuff on tv, especially right now. I was bored at times this season, that wasn't the case during the first 2.

Have any of you guys been watching American Gods? I love it, but I bet there are a lot of people that weren't as enthusiastic about it as me. I'm also wondering how people who haven't read the book like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X