LEBRON PASSING JORDAN TONIGHT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEBRON PASSING JORDAN TONIGHT...

TOTAL CAREER PLAYOFF POINTS. LOVE EM OR HATE EM, TOP OF THE THIS HEAP ANYWAY.

ONLY REASON I WATCH. L.B.J.

HOLY CRAP SHAQ HAS SOME UGLY ASS FEET. ANYONE SEE THAT?
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Took him 33 more postseason games to do it.

MJ would have broken Lebron mentally H2H. There's never been a better trash talker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      Took him 33 more postseason games to do it.

MJ would have broken Lebron mentally H2H. There's never been a better trash talker.
      Is that because Jordan played in college and Lebron came straight out of highschool?

Comment

I'm thinking it's because Jordan was better.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I used to think Brady could never surpass Montana in my mind, but that has changed.

I still think Jordan is the GOAT (at least in my lifetime) but Lebron is getting closer. Jordan's playoff series record is still crazy I'm not sure they guy ever even played in a game 7 (in other words, he was good enough it never had to go there, which is a plus in my mind). That said, I think Lebron has played better teams in the finals than Jordan did.

To the extent Jordan is "better," a lot of that is intangible. Lebron is bigger, stronger and can do more things than Jordan could. Jordan had an unmatched will to win and killer instinct. I would never bet against him under any circumstance. I wouldn't say that about Lebron.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

There are a lot of factors that go into statistics that make player comparisons apples to oranges ... ie. style of team play, teammates etc.

I personally think Magic Johnson is a better comparison to James than Jordan.

However, despite the apples to oranges comment, I still think 33 is a fuck lot more games.
            Last edited by slag; 05-26-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              I used to think Brady could never surpass Montana in my mind, but that has changed.

I still think Jordan is the GOAT (at least in my lifetime) but Lebron is getting closer. Jordan's playoff series record is still crazy I'm not sure they guy ever even played in a game 7 (in other words, he was good enough it never had to go there, which is a plus in my mind). That said, I think Lebron has played better teams in the finals than Jordan did.

To the extent Jordan is "better," a lot of that is intangible. Lebron is bigger, stronger and can do more things than Jordan could. Jordan had an unmatched will to win and killer instinct. I would never bet against him under any circumstance. I wouldn't say that about Lebron.
              If I'm not mistaken, Lebron has never been the favorite in any finals that he's won. That makes his wins more impressive to me, because he has never had the teams Jordan had. His teams were great mind you, but not as deep or well rounded as Jordan's. Two threepeats in today's game is going to be tough to surpass.

MJ was a much better scorer, a pure jump shot. Lebron a better passer and rebounder. Such different games, but I think H2H they would certainly split a few. Both are transcendent, and I find it a bit tiring that all the older players and fans seem to chide Lebron for being a different player. Scottie thinks Kobe is still a better all time player. That to me is insane.

We should just enjoy watching a guy play basketball in a way that is fundamental and dominate. Looking forward to these finals. If he beats this GSW team, he'll be that much closer to the ghosts of MJ.

Comment

No doubt and I agree with regard to Magic. The Cavs are almost a 2-1 dog in this finals series. Jordan would probably drop 70 in game 1 if that ever happened to him lol. If the Cavs win this series, I think it goes a very long way for Lebron.

Comment

How many NBA Finals has Jordan lost???

that pretty much sums it up, also there were some great teams during the MJ Area,,,Stockton and Malone would have easily won a ring if it wasn't for MJ...seriously think LJ doesn't sniff half the Finals he has played in if his career coincided with MJ,,,

But it hasn't,,one can only speculate and appreciate what we have now.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Did Stockton and Malone even get to another final besides that? Nah dude, those teams weren't as good as the Spurs and Warriors. Best team Jordan played against was the Celtics his first few years in the league. Celts beat them in the first round each year, I think. There were some good Knicks teams, too.

Comment

I would never compare them to the Spurs

or the famed Celtic or LA Teams....Greatness, but I thought the Jazz played a couple of finals
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                        that pretty much sums it up, also there were some great teams during the MJ Area,,,Stockton and Malone would have easily won a ring if it wasn't for MJ...seriously think LJ doesn't sniff half the Finals he has played in if his career coincided with MJ,,,

But it hasn't,,one can only speculate and appreciate what we have now.
                        AND MJ HAD A FEW PLAYERS ON THAT TEAM WITH HIM, PIPPEN, RODMAN, GUYS THAT I REMEMBER WHEN HE WON, AND I'M NO HOOPS GUY.
                        JAMES LOST WITH A TEAM FULL OF SISTERS OF THE BLIND TEAM.

LOOKED IT UP, BULLS 92 AND 96 TEAMS VOTED TWO OF THE BEST TEAMS IN HISTORY. AS FOR A TEAM AROUND MJ AND JAMES, DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE.

I DON'T THINK CAVS WIN THIS YEAR. G.S., JUST HAS MORE TALENT, DURANT IS THE FACTOR. BUT IF THEY DO, JAMES SURPASSES JORDO, HANDS DOWN.

Comment

Not exactly ... he lost in Miami with Bosch and Wade.

The Cavs didn't have much the time he lost with them, though.

Comment

OK. I CAN SEE THAT. I WAS MORE THINKIN ABOUT HIS FIRST CAVS FINALS.

Comment

Working...
                            X