Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS THERE ONE PLAYER ON THE SIXERS THAT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THERE ONE PLAYER ON THE SIXERS THAT....

PLAYS WITH THE SAME INTENSITY, SAME GRIT OF ROZIER OR MARCUS SMART OF BAHSTIN?
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Joel Embiid. I still don't know what happened in that series but grit and intensity weren't issues for the Sixers this season. They play hard every night.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

OK. COOL. THANKS. I SEE SMART AND ROZIER PLAYING WITH SOME SERIOUS ATTITUDE.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Joel Embiid. I still don't know what happened in that series but grit and intensity weren't issues for the Sixers this season. They play hard every night.
        Bad shooing and chicken choking

Comment

Hard, yes

Smart, not so much, in no universe should a 7 foot center be hoisting threes from the top of the key, especially in the late stages of an elimination game

Comment

embiid needs to show up in much better shape at the start of this season. i think his lack of conditioning / stupid ass rest periods were detrimental in the boston series. he looked gassed.

Comment

He did looked gassed, but he was the one guy who came to play every night in that series. Still scratching my head over Simmons a bit. I agree that it is time to take the kid gloves off with Embiid.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                embiid needs to show up in much better shape at the start of this season. i think his lack of conditioning / stupid ass rest periods were detrimental in the boston series. he looked gassed.
                Completely agree, but that mask toyed with his head, IMO.

Comment

McConnell. Dario too, that one dumb play where he didn't chase down a loose ball notwithstanding.

Comment

Responding to you and Harv at the same time:

Embiid's lack of conditioning is why he would hoist 3s late in games. When you're tired, the thought of banging with Horford or Baynes in the paint may not be as enticing as putting up a 3. This is his first offseason since being drafted where he's going to be (knock on wood) healthy enough to actually work out all summer. The conditioning SHOULD change.

As far as Ben, I think he just got too far inside his own head, as young players can sometimes do. Everything came so easy for him most of the year, especially down the stretch. Boston threw him a curveball and then the fans and media started in on "if he can't shoot he can't be successful" and it all just sort of snowballed.

Comment

At the risk of sounding like Dungeon Majesty with a silver lining view ...

I was talking basketball last night with two guys I know who are Boston fans.

One of them said he actually loves Simmons' game ... and then said he thinks it may have been a blessing in disguise that he got somewhat embarrassed with that -64 (or whatever) performance he had.

Said it should give him more incentive to actually work on a jump shot this summer.

Made me nod my head sideways and consider the possibility.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The Sixers have already said they're looking to bring in another shooting coach. They should be offering an OBSCENE amount of money to the Spurs shooting coach Chip Engelland.

Steve Kerr used to trust him when tweaking his shot and he took Kawhi and Tony Parker from "no outside shot" to good to great shooters. Obviously Brown knows him from his days down there too. Get him and lock him in the gym with Ben and Markelle.

Comment

Embiid started looking gassed in late March/April. He definitely is not in NBA shape. This should surprise no one. He hasn't had an off season...ever.

Fultz is a bust. Doesn't really want to play NBA. Wants to be an accountant. Heard through the rumor mill--son knows son of an Eagles Doctor who is close with Sixers doctor. Fultz has to be moved.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
                            Embiid started looking gassed in late March/April. He definitely is not in NBA shape. This should surprise no one. He hasn't had an off season...ever.

Fultz is a bust. Doesn't really want to play NBA. Wants to be an accountant. Heard through the rumor mill--son knows son of an Eagles Doctor who is close with Sixers doctor. Fultz has to be moved.

hahahaha. 17 games into his career.

For the record, no one WANTS to be an accountant.

Comment

Fultz

I just don't get all the people already calling Fultz a bust. I thought the kid looked great at the end of the season, especially considering he didn't play all year. The same people were probably ready to write off Nelson Agholor and look how that turned out.

Comment

Working...
                              X