Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    Not to belabor this but I'm not sure his physical appearance or body language is any different this year ... I believe that I'm seeing a different player now because of a new bias in my mind since the Super Bowl.

I always liked the guy but now I actually think "badass" when I see him.
    I think " Calculated and Cool"

Comment

I go on YouTube to watch NFL Primetime’s analysis of the SB and Steve Young said it best. He said Pederson put the game in Foles’ hands and said, “You go win the game”. Just the absolute throws he was making in that game!! I’m pretty sure that the confidence gained from letting him go downfield in the NFCCG was a big confidence booster. Which brings me to my next point which is also impressive—three times since Pederson has been the HC, has a team strolled into the Linc with the NFL’s No.1 defense and 3 times they’ve left with their head between their tails—‘16–Eagles 21 Vikings 10; ‘17–Eagles 51 Broncos 23, Eagles 38 Vikings 7. They’re 7-2 under Pederson against the head coaches who are (were) considered brilliant defensive coaches—2-0 vs Quinn, Zimmer, Fox, 1-0 vs Belicheck and 0-2 vs Pete Carroll.

Comment

Reminds me of the early 70's and those Dolphin teams

that went back to back...the Qb's and Rb on that team were interchangeable.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

WAS SITTING HERE THINKING ABOUT BEST QB AND GREAT BACKUP. COULDN'T REMEMBER ANY COMBO BETTER THAN BIG SKY JOE MONTANA AND STEVE YOUNG.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

i'm surprised brady had a higher rating than foles. even though brady torched us, i truly believe that foles played a better game. QBR and PFF ratings are still flawed, but better than passer rating imo. and foles was better than brady by both metrics.

both of those metrics factor in tipped INTs, and strip sacks. no word on if they factor in QB catches/drops.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              i'm surprised brady had a higher rating than foles. even though brady torched us, i truly believe that foles played a better game. QBR and PFF ratings are still flawed, but better than passer rating imo. and foles was better than brady by both metrics.

both of those metrics factor in tipped INTs, and strip sacks. no word on if they factor in QB catches/drops.
              I may be going to España right before Christmas. I have a colleague who's daughter is going to be studying in London next year. They are thinking of taking a trip to España right before Christmas and the daughter starts classes.

I may try to orchestrate something with us meeting up for part of the trip. Let me know if you would be interested.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Super Bowl champion and MVP! He outplayed Brady. So many clutch throws. And as you Said, his only real blemish wasn't really his fault. Will always be grateful for Saint Nick!
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

This

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                  I go on YouTube to watch NFL Primetime’s analysis of the SB and Steve Young said it best. He said Pederson put the game in Foles’ hands and said, “You go win the game”. Just the absolute throws he was making in that game!! I’m pretty sure that the confidence gained from letting him go downfield in the NFCCG was a big confidence booster. Which brings me to my next point which is also impressive—three times since Pederson has been the HC, has a team strolled into the Linc with the NFL’s No.1 defense and 3 times they’ve left with their head between their tails—‘16–Eagles 21 Vikings 10; ‘17–Eagles 51 Broncos 23, Eagles 38 Vikings 7. They’re 7-2 under Pederson against the head coaches who are (were) considered brilliant defensive coaches—2-0 vs Quinn, Zimmer, Fox, 1-0 vs Belicheck and 0-2 vs Pete Carroll.
                  Not only can he gameplan, but unlike Andy, he made the necessary halftime adjustments.

Loved how he kept the foot on the gas pedal in the Vikings game especially...

Comment

No question the Eagles can make a playoff run with either. Unfortunately, they will have to make a decision within a year. Unless Foles is cool with being a backup. Wentz won't be.

Foles is an odd one. He might be satisfied backing up Wentz longterm since he already has plenty of money and a ring. He's in a comfortable spot.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Read eagld roads posf again, he said he would not take anybody over either of those two and he is wrong. Rodgers is better then both.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

RODGERS IS 34, IN DECEMBER HE'S 35, WENTZ IS 25. NO WAY I SWAP.
                        NOW, RODGERS BETTER THAN FOLES, FULL BODY OF WORK, SURE, BUT FOLES IS OUR S.B. MVP.

BUT I WAS SAYING STARTING QB AND BACK UP QB COMBO. WHAT OTHER TEAM HAS A BETTER COMBO? WHICH IS WHAT I WAS THINKING HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                          Read eagld roads posf again, he said he would not take anybody over either of those two and he is wrong. Rodgers is better then both.

I would not, that is called an opinion, and you are being petty, lol

Comment

Fooles gold

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Just watched him in a clip practicing at an OTA next to Wentz and my point of reference is completely different ... ie. just looking at the video my mental gap between him and Wentz isn't the same anymore.

The thought in my head is that I'm looking at fucking legend standing next to the guy who's still the top dog ... but Foles is no longer just the backup guy standing there.
                            Wooooo!
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              Bottom line is Foles is a Super Bowl champion who both passed for and caught a TD in the Super Bowl.

Foles had a passer rating of 106 (Brady had a rating of 115 but I don't believe strip sacks don't hurt your passer rating). Also, I will note that I don't believe the interception charged to Foles was his fault.
                              That interception was partly alshon being held and alshon tipping the ball in the air. Wentz and Foles both have the same thought with the wideouts. I'm going to throw it up and have faith that their receiver is going to come down with the ball.

Kind of the Favre thing.
                              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

STFU
                                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X