Can't Trade Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Trade Foles

Need him to back up Wentz next season. Say he misses the first 4 games and for sake of argument they are against Minnesota, @Dallas, Atlanta and @Rams? Schedule could be front loaded for all they know.

Sure they can. But not for less than a first rounder.

Next man up is Sudfeld!! No worries, Dougie will coach him up.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      Need him to back up Wentz next season. Say he misses the first 4 games and for sake of argument they are against Minnesota, @Dallas, Atlanta and @Rams? Schedule could be front loaded for all they know.
      The schedule will be released a week before the draft, so they'll know what they are up against. Also, Wentz's timeline will be clearer by then. For all we know he may be ready for training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Sure they can. But not for less than a first rounder.

Next man up is Sudfeld!! No worries, Dougie will coach him up.
        If they trade Foles they will most certainly bring in a better back-up option. Tyrod Taylor perhaps?

Comment

tough call, but in Howie We Trust damn this will be interesting

Comment

agree with this.

But, I doubt anyone will pony that up when SF paid a 2 for Jimmy G.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              agree with this.

But, I doubt anyone will pony that up when SF paid a 2 for Jimmy G.
              Last I checked Jimmy G was entirely unproven and not the reigning Super Bowl MVp at the time of that trade.

Comment

if they get a great offer, they have to trade him. but unless a team like the browns offers a high 2nd, i'd say just bring him back. they can move him at the deadline if wentz is good to go, or they can just franchise and trade him after the season.

Comment

but younger. also, teams will claim foles did it in eagles' system but may not be able to replicate that elsewhere based on his tenure away from philly.

I'd rather keep him unless it's a mid round 1. He's the best insurance policy in the league. you cannot have enough talent at QB.

Comment

Foles will be starting on Thurs night

Wentz is the Franchise and you don't push him out there before he's ready...BDN loves his role here and I'm sure his 7 mill isn't a bad payday considering how many endorsements he will get,,,Look out for the Chunky Commercials!

Next year he will still be a commodity. I just dont give a rats ass what we get for him. Give him a 3 year deal...Keep him.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

yeah, jimmy g was a second round pick who looked great in 2016. nick foles is 3 years older with a lower ceiling, and may have shown enough for a lot of teams not to think he's a franchise QB. it wasn't that long ago that the browns spent a first on brandon weeden, so i'm not ruling anything out, but you really need to get your bias out of the way when talking about this.

Comment

Two words

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        yeah, jimmy g was a second round pick who looked great in 2016. nick foles is 3 years older with a lower ceiling, and may have shown enough for a lot of teams not to think he's a franchise QB. it wasn't that long ago that the browns spent a first on brandon weeden, so i'm not ruling anything out, but you really need to get your bias out of the way when talking about this.
                        Sam Fucking Bradford

Comment

I think i misunderstand what you mean, otherwise you just said the super bowl mvp has a lower ceiling than jimmy garappolo. Celebratory euphoria on my part aside, that's not a good metaphor.

Comment

well, i know what i said sounds weird. but jimmy g looks like the type of QB who can elevate a franchise. make a team a contender for 10+ years. SB MVP is the best thing a QB can do, but i think there's a strong possibility that foles's next team will get saddled by a joe-flacco type contract.

Comment

good point. the fact that we were able to get a first for that guy 7 years into his career blows my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X