Everyone has pretty much said it all here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone has pretty much said it all here

about what this means to them and the city ... but for me I'd like to thank the Eagles for this:

When my son was small I remember talking to a friend of mine with kids about how it's fun to throw nerf balls, and goof around with action figures, and play video games blah blah, but that we were looking forward to having a beer with them also.

Well, that parade yesterday was the pinnacle of that shit.

We got there on Amtrak at 11, went to the art museum ... no way to get close ... cell towers so overloaded couldn't get a signal to contact IE/Diggle to meet up (we were too late to watch the parade at Diggle's but IE told me they were coming up for the speeches).

So we went back toward the city because we wanted to drink and lucked out and got into The Tap Room ... where we got beer tokens (one of which in now my golf ball marker) and watched Kelce on the big screen in a room that was no doubt violating the fire code.

Too many epic stories to relate about what went on in the bar, and on the street, and at Mission where we later ate Mexican, and on Amtrak home ... but I want to thank the Eagles for what you did for my "adult" relationship with my son.

I'm sure it wasn't on purpose but it's so fucking great for me that they timed this shit so it happened when he was 22.

Dilly fuckin' Dilly!!!
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

NICE.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

You know I can relate with regard to the father-son thing (dangit...is there dust in the air again?).

I'm kicking myself for Brady-ing the arrangements for Parade Day, but even though the crowd around the oval was something of a shit show, I'm happy that I managed to get the wife and daughter there as well, adding to the specialness of the event.

Comment

Working...
      X