Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a trade is a coming....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-his-future/

hopefully that just means they'll warn him before trading him to the browns, as opposed to doing him a favor and unloading him for a third or something.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      hopefully that just means they'll warn him before trading him to the browns, as opposed to doing him a favor and unloading him for a third or something.
      Yeah, tough call. I heard DeFilipo talking about Sudefeld, and he said he too was a very good quarterback. I could see them trading Foles for picks, then having all summer to get get Nate ready to game manage at the very least.

Comment

would prefer not to have sudfeld back there.

roseman also reminded everyone that foles wasn't a free agent, so i think this just means that they don't want foles to be blindsided by a trade.

Comment

If I've learned one thing this year it's to trust this FO and coaching staff. If they think Sudefeld can get us by for a month, I'm all in.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            If I've learned one thing this year it's to trust this FO and coaching staff. If they think Sudefeld can get us by for a month, I'm all in.
            We've heard every coach on this staff, including the guys who left, after they'd left, talking this kid up in a big way. It's going to be fun to see him getting a lot of reps this summer. I'd rather have Carson from day one... but if the Pats survived Jacoby Brissett in the early going in 2016, this team can survive Sudfeld getting a couple of September starts.

Comment

Yep, and he just needs to game manage. We'll have a strong run game, great oline, great defense.

Comment

Yep, and he just needs to game manage. We'll have a strong run game, great oline, great defense.
                We need picks, and we need to hit on them. Lots of bills coming due in the immediate future, you need as many contributors playing on rookie deals as you can get to offset those deals. Selling high is the smart play here.

Comment

if we learned anything...they won't just have him game manage. If doug has faith in sudfeld, they'll let him open it up.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

we need picks, but i wouldn't trade foles for anything less than a high second. who knows. it was only 18 months ago that we got a first for sam bradford. but the vikings were overpaying for pedigree, just as we did when we got bradford from the rams. if we're talking about a 3rd round pick, i think he's just too valuable as a backup. plus, if wentz is back to 100%, they can move foles before the trade deadline, and they'll still be able to franchise and trade him after 2018.
                    Last edited by art vandelay; 03-01-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      we need picks, but i wouldn't trade foles for anything less than a high second. who knows. it was only 18 months ago that we got a first for sam bradford. but the vikings were overpaying for pedigree, just as we did when we got bradford from the rams. if we're talking about a 3rd round pick, i think he's just too valuable as a backup. plus, if wentz is back to 100%, they can move foles before the trade deadline, and they'll still be able to franchise and trade him after 2018.
                      I agree...high 2nd at the very least.

I wonder if they had all of their picks, if they’d even be considering it...

Comment

I said on the Eagles website's discussion board that they would sit down with him and ask him what he wants to do. My guess is that after him do several interviews where he said that he and his family love Philly and that he knows he was only the placeholder for Wentz is that he wants to remain in Philly as the backup. I'd say if that's the case, Howie will tell him though if someone offers them a premium draft pick, because they only have 6, they have to do what's best for the organization. If he does remain in Philly, I can see them renegotiating his contract--extending it by a couple of years and making all but 600K of his salary a bonus.

The only team I can possibly see trading for him is the Cards. The Browns, Broncos, and Jets all have high draft picks where they can draft a young QB. Plus, the Broncos and Jets and Vikings are in the running for Cousins.

Comment

Don't sleep on

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                          I said on the Eagles website's discussion board that they would sit down with him and ask him what he wants to do. My guess is that after him do several interviews where he said that he and his family love Philly and that he knows he was only the placeholder for Wentz is that he wants to remain in Philly as the backup. I'd say if that's the case, Howie will tell him though if someone offers them a premium draft pick, because they only have 6, they have to do what's best for the organization. If he does remain in Philly, I can see them renegotiating his contract--extending it by a couple of years and making all but 600K of his salary a bonus.

The only team I can possibly see trading for him is the Cards. The Browns, Broncos, and Jets all have high draft picks where they can draft a young QB. Plus, the Broncos and Jets and Vikings are in the running for Cousins.
                          Bills or even Indy.

The Bills have been so wishy-washy with Taylor, and Reich being head coach in Indy and all the question marks surrounding Luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Bills or even Indy.

The Bills have been so wishy-washy with Taylor, and Reich being head coach in Indy and all the question marks surrounding Luck...
                            Arizona needs a qb and said that they would be looking to trade for one. Nick went to Arizona and also liked having a home in SoCal.

I could see him potentially agreeing to a trade there IF the cardinals were even interested in him.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

this

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post

I think there will be a Foles move - either an extension/renegotiation to bring the cap hit this year down or a trade if Nick wants to be a starter. I think Howie has a number in mind for a solid backup and if Nick is good with that, he stays.

Comment

Working...
                              X