• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things the Eagles D need to expect

No huddle offense
    Short crossing routes and outside screens
    Secondary players like Dorsett with prominent roles
    Using a much different script (tendencies) then in the 5 previous games.

It’s a formula that we’ve seen in the past against Jim Johnson from GB, Tampa, Patriots, etc.

A note to the DL... get your hands up in the passing lanes.

A lot of passes to the RB to slow down the pass rush.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

A friend of mine says this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        A friend of mine says this as well.
        Quick completions, lots of no huddle, force the Eagles to play with the personnel on the field. Eagles' defensive strength is their depth, they'll have a plan to take that away.

Comment

I agree.

I also think the Patriots will try to go deep on the first play and try to hit intermediate passes early. A few well though out plays to loosen up the D and then hit the small stuff.

Comment

Pats offense just has to watch tape vs. Vagiants this season...we got burned all game, both times. Hope they have a game plan if that happens
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Yes

Comment

making contact with Brady

The refs may try to protect Brady early by calling roughing the passer penalties. Borderline calls will be given to Brady to keep him upright and promote more offense. The Eagles need to be on-point with their tackling and how they make contact with Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                  Pats offense just has to watch tape vs. Vagiants this season...we got burned all game, both times. Hope they have a game plan if that happens
                  The Giants didn't score in the first game until Cox and Hicks were knocked out. They also didn't have Darby.

The second game was their third straight road game, and I think the team was emotionally off-balance since it was the first full game without Carson.

They were two of the defense's worst performances of the season, no question. But I don't know that there's any blueprint there.

Even the Seattle game won't be of too much use to Belichick. Doug was uncharacteristically timid that night, and Brady's game bears no resemblance to Russell Wilson's.

The game that might give the most insight on how to beat the Eagles D would probably be the Rams game. For three quarters, LA absolutely carved
                  them up.
                  Last edited by The Duck; 01-29-2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    The Giants didn't score in the first game until Cox and Hicks were knocked out. They also didn't have Darby.

The second game was their third straight road game, and I think the team was emotionally off-balance since it was the first full game without Carson.

They were two of the defense's worst performances of the season, no question. But I don't know that there's any blueprint there.

Even the Seattle game won't be of too much use to Belichick. Doug was uncharacteristically timid that night, and Brady's game bears no resemblance to Russell Wilson's.

The game that might give the most insight on how to beat the Eagles D would probably be the Rams game. For three quarters, LA absolutely carved
                    them up.
                    Conversely, what games should we be looking at to carve up the Patriots D and to stop their offense?
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I believe this will be the key to the game.

Comment

Also a lot of pick routes to free up receivers underneath. The Eagles are actually real good defending those so long as the officiating is reasonable
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          Conversely, what games should we be looking at to carve up the Patriots D and to stop their offense?
                          Haven't watched them too closely in the regular season. Obviously, the Week 14 game against the Dolphins is one you'd look at... but I have no idea if they were missing any key players for that one, plus division games are always goofy.

Otherwise, you probably look at those first four games, when they were giving up 32 points a game on average. They definitely got a lot better as the season wore on, but the schedule also got easier. Even in wins against Pittsburgh and Jacksonville, their defense looked mortal.

Comment

Pick Plays all freaking night.

Mills and Darby better expect
                            Some double moves too. Been a few games since anyone has bitten on one. They’re overdue.

Comment

Stolen signals

Comment

Working...
                              X