IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 12-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eagles fans still talk about McNabb throwing up during SB

Do you treat it as urban legend or fact?

It was brought up in a discussion as fact. I wanted to enjoy my fries so I didnít oppose.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
dev_32

Absolute fact. McNabb represents us perfectly, with him choking at crunch time
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2017, 09:10 PM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Absolute fact. McNabb represents us..."
Drama Queen

Iím not eating fries. And it wasnít about the fries. Maybe I just donít feel like defending McNabb. He hasnít been a likable Eagles player for a while.
Unread 12-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #4
txeaglefan

Send a message via AIM to txeaglefan

all that really matters is McNabb and the team failed to win it. The 57 year wait continues

Last edited by txeaglefan; 12-06-2017 at 09:26 PM.
txeaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2017, 09:32 PM  
Posted in reply to txeaglefan's post starting "all that really matters is McNabb and..."
TerpEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by txeaglefan View Post
all that really matters is McNabb and the team failed to win it. The 57 year wait continues
All that matters is that Dawkins and the team failed to win it.
Unread 12-06-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is what I say. This is a true story.

During that Super Bowl week, I was fortunate to win the lottery to win the option to buy tickets. Nosebleeds. Of course I exercised the option so I had to take my now ex wife

There was nothing hotey wise available in Jacksonville. Nothing. Not a lot of hoteys in Jax.

Also if you recall that year there was only one week between the NFC Championship game and the SB.

So I started looking around and determine our best bet is to stay in Savannah, GA. There is even a guy there who is offering rides to the SB.

So I go for it.... the hotey was great. and the driver was good. We only had one other passenger on the ride back and forth from Savannah to the SB. He had much better seats than we did.

Anyway, we start riding back to Savannah and this other passenger asks me: "What were you thinking when McNabb puked at the end of the game?"

This was immediately after the end of the game-- the McNabb puking is not a legend made up.

I believe.what Runyan and Fraley said was true. McNabb puked at the end of the SB.

You can't spell FIASCO without the F.O. FIFTY SIX years and counting...
#proimmigrant
IronEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2017, 11:11 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Here is what I say. This is a true..."
broadstreetparade

broadstreetparade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post

During that Super Bowl week, I was fortunate to win the lottery to win the option to buy tickets. Nosebleeds. Of course I exercised the option so I had to take my now ex wife

There was nothing hotey wise available in Jacksonville. Nothing. Not a lot of hoteys in Jax.

Also if you recall that year there was only one week between the NFC Championship game and the SB.

So I started looking around and determine our best bet is to stay in Savannah, GA. There is even a guy there who is offering rides to the SB.

So I go for it.... the hotey was great. and the driver was good. We only had one other passenger on the ride back and forth from Savannah to the SB. He had much better seats than we did.

Anyway, we start riding back to Savannah and this other passenger asks me: "What were you thinking when McNabb puked at the end of the game?"

This was immediately after the end of the game-- the McNabb puking is not a legend made up.

I believe.what Runyan and Fraley said was true. McNabb puked at the end of the SB.
If this is indeed a true story, and I have no idea why someone would tell lies on the internet of all places, this closes the case for me.

No sarcasm intended.

Last edited by broadstreetparade; 12-06-2017 at 11:30 PM.
broadstreetparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2017, 11:57 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Here is what I say. This is a true..."
Drama Queen

Quote:

I’m not aware of any taped evidence and it’s not like cameras and TVs weren’t there.

Maybe it was a throw up in the mouth kind of think in the huddle. But it sounds like the passenger witnessed the puke.

At one point, McNabb could barely speak in the huddle and Mitchell had to bark out the play.
Unread 12-07-2017, 12:04 AM  
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point

Said it before ... say it again ... if he puked it is not something to criticize him over.

He didn't puke in the 4th fucking quarter because he had some character defect ... in fact, he manned the fuck up and played through it.
Unread 12-07-2017, 12:08 AM   #10
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
Iím not aware of any taped evidence and itís not like cameras and TVs werenít there.

Maybe it was a throw up in the mouth kind of think in the huddle. But it sounds like the passenger witnessed the puke.

At one point, McNabb could barely speak in the huddle and Mitchell had to bark out the play.
Thing is some say McNabb was never the same after he broke his ankle against the Cardinals a couple years prior.

I say he was never the same after he puked in the Super Bowl.

#proimmigrant
Unread 12-07-2017, 12:11 AM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Thing is some say McNabb was never the..."
broadstreetparade

broadstreetparade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thing is some say McNabb was never the same after he broke his ankle against the Cardinals a couple years prior.

I say he was never the same after he puked in the Super Bowl.
He was never the same after he tore his ACL against the Titans and Jeff Garcia went on that run.
broadstreetparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2017, 12:16 AM   #12
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
He was never the same after he tore his ACL against the Titans and Jeff Garcia went on that run.
Good point.

Injuries can completely destroy a good or promising player. Let's hope Wentz can stay healthy.

#proimmigrant
Unread 12-07-2017, 02:51 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "Said it before ... say it again ... if..."
Big Little

I am pretty sure he puked however I will defend the guy till the bitter end because he was not given the weapons, nowhere close, that Wentz has.

With that said I think the pressure of winning Philadelphia their first Super Bowl and being a black quarterback and playing the patriots got the best of him. Did he nut up and still have a good game, he did. But he didnít finish it.
Big Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2017, 07:04 AM  
Posted in reply to Big Little's post starting "I am pretty sure he puked however I..."
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

I TEND TO REMEMBER 5 GETTING CRACKED IN THE HELMET ON BOTH THE PLAYS PRYOR TO THAT, THINK IT WAS BRUSCHI, HELMET TO HELMET TWICE.

I'LL ALWAYS GIVE MCNABB THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT ON THE BARF.
Unread 12-07-2017, 07:39 AM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "All that matters is that Dawkins and..."
txeaglefan

Send a message via AIM to txeaglefan

In the end all that matters is the wait continues
txeaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #16
Snakebitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
Iím not aware of any taped evidence and itís not like cameras and TVs werenít there.
It's amazing that the biggest event of the year not one person has any pictures of him puking. I was at the same stadium two years earlier during a regular season game and, not only saw him puke from my seats, I saw video evidence. If I had to guess, he may have dry heaved which players interpreted as puking. Regardless, I will never understand why this is even a story. He played through more injuries than most quarterbacks. The McNabb hate is lame.
Snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2017, 09:14 AM  
Ellsworth

I stayed in my great Auntís assisted living facility in Jacksonville. Right on the St. Johnís River

Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-07-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2017, 09:30 AM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "I stayed in my great Auntís assisted..."
Drama Queen

Els: Running water... fuck yeah!
Unread 12-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #19
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

http://https://goo.gl/images/Txpa1d
Unread 12-07-2017, 10:58 AM  
Posted in reply to DEERSPINE GUY's post starting "http://https://goo.gl/images/Txpa1d..."
Drama Queen

Tampa. 2006