Glazer just said on Fox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glazer just said on Fox...

that the Eagles will be the most aggressive team before the trade deadline.

He sounded very sure of himself... like he knew something was cooking.

--
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      Florio is shooting that one down, but it's fun to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Florio is shooting that one down, but it's fun to think about.
        Does Detroit help the top team in the NFC when they're contenders?

Plis, is WR a big need? Cut Smith maybe and not have a veteran deep threat?
        Last edited by TerpEagle; 10-29-2017, 08:30 PM.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Maybe LB or OL help??

that the Eagles will be the most aggressive team before the trade deadline.

He sounded very sure of himself... like he knew something was cooking.
          ......but I think the chances of any deal are slim.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            Does Detroit help the top team in the NFC when they're contenders?

Plis, is WR a big need? Cut Smith maybe and not have a veteran deep threat?
            It's not a need, per se, but if you can take the unit from good to great at a reasonable price, you have to think about that.

T.Y. Hilton is the name that really intrigues me. But that's a much bigger deal, with much greater compensation.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                IMO, the likelihood of the Eagles making a deadline deal is as high as it's ever been.

You don't get to 7-1 often. And you especially don't get to 7-1 in a league that's as wide-open as the NFL is right now.

These are extraordinary circumstances. I really think something happens. I could even see Howie pulling off more than one move (but he'd have to get really creative, with so few draft assets).

Comment

IMO, the likelihood of the Eagles making a deadline deal is as high as it's ever been.

You don't get to 7-1 often. And you especially don't get to 7-1 in a league that's as wide-open as the NFL is right now.

These are extraordinary circumstances. I really think something happens. I could even see Howie pulling off more than one move (but he'd have to get really creative, with so few draft assets).

Thing is you are 7-1. Why mess with success?

Yes you can improve this team at the margins.

The only thing standing between this team and the playoffs is the Dallas Cowturds.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Depth

at the Lber position is thin
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      Thing is you are 7-1. Why mess with success?

Yes you can improve this team at the margins.

The only thing standing between this team and the playoffs is the Dallas Cowturds.
                      Because you lost your second most important player on offense, and you're heading into the more competitive half of the schedule, with two games against the Turds still to play (who, I'm convinced, aren't losing Ezekiel).

Also, Seattle is likely going to make a move for a LT before we play them. If they improve their line, while the Eagles' line is diminished by the loss of Peters, whatever gap there was between the teams in the first half will be closed.

You can't replace Peters, but you can still offset the loss by improving the LT spot, or a skill position, or both. I think the chemistry on the team is good enough that it can withstand some mid-season tweaking.

Bottom line is, it's been 13 years since we've been in this spot. We all know how rare it is to have the inside track on HFA in a league where there is no dominant team. If there's an opportunity to get better right now, even if it means mortgaging a little bit of the future, you take your shot and do it.
                      Last edited by The Duck; 10-29-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Replacing Peters is just impossible

as I'm sure you know,,

my point is, how do you deal with another injury at O line or Linebacker? "If" we sit tight

bring in some depth. Doesn't mean they will be starting. Although something better than PS material would be good.
                        Last edited by TRENT; 10-29-2017, 09:37 PM.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

FROM WHAT I KNOW, THERE'S NO 2nd OR 3rd ROUND PICKS FOR IGGS. NOT GONNA GIVE UP YOUR ONE ALSO. THAT LEAVES 4th ROUNDERS OR HIGHER AND PLAYERS. WHAT TEAM WILL GIVE UP A QUALITY O- LINEMAN OR LINEBACKER FOR ONE OR TWO 4th ROUND PICKS? SEEMS UNLIKELY.

THEN THE QUESTION IS, DO YOU LOSE MOST OF NEXT YEARS PICKS TO TAKE THAT SHOT THIS YEAR? AS FANS, HELL YEA.... AS F.O. WHO KNOWS.

ASKING, I DON'T KNOW.
                          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-29-2017, 09:46 PM.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                            as I'm sure you know,,

my point is, how do you deal with another injury at O line or Linebacker? "If" we sit tight

bring in some depth. Doesn't mean they will be starting. Although something better than PS material would be good.
                            That's basically my point as well. One more injury, and we're looking at Lane at LT and Seumalo at RT. I want no part of that scenario.

I think a move has to be made. How big a move it is remains to be seen.

Comment

SMEGMA.. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X