Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do you compensate for the loss of Sproles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how do you compensate for the loss of Sproles?

I'm not going to ask how you replace him because I don't think you can. But the team will need to find ways to adjust. Starting with the return game. And a lot more.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

you duct tape Sproles and Pumphrey together, think "3 legged race", between the two of them, they should be a'ight.......AND the new kid can really get an up-close education on how the game is played when he takes over next season.
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I don't think the conversation starts with Pumphrey. Smallwood had some good runs yesterday, so I think you begin to divide the workload more appropriately between the three of them. Blount's hands still stink, so it'll be Smallwood and Clement making most of the receptions. Maybe a couple of gadget plays with the receivers as well.

Comment

BYRON MARSHALL

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          I don't think the conversation starts with Pumphrey. Smallwood had some good runs yesterday, so I think you begin to divide the workload more appropriately between the three of them. Blount's hands still stink, so it'll be Smallwood and Clement making most of the receptions. Maybe a couple of gadget plays with the receivers as well.
          In any case Pumphrey is a discussion for next year.
          --------

Comment

I sure hope so

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            In any case Pumphrey is a discussion for next year.
            He's IR-ed, so if the plan is to bring him back in week 9 (10 because of the bye, I think) we're screwed already. He's show nothing as of now that would instill confidence in my this year.

Comment

He's IR-ed, so if the plan is to bring him back in week 9 (10 because of the bye, I think) we're screwed already. He's show nothing as of now that would instill confidence in my this year.
              I am not sure I have the rules correct but as I understand it you have to place injured reserved on one of two lists: Guys you can bring back or guys you can't bring back. There is a limit on the number of players you can bring back.

I'm not sure you can switch the IR status.
              --------

Comment

they are saying Torry Smith, I know Josh huff is still unsigned

it was the one thing he was good at, but I don't know if he has legal trouble or even if they would consider him at all since cutting him.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Me neither, although I do recall that only 2 guys can be brought back from the shorter term IR. Not sure if you need to designate that before or not.

Comment

Maybe the Giants are really that shitty, but I want more of the Blount/Smallwood 1-2 punch.

The return game is more concerning for me. Torrey Smith hasn't been a very impressive Terp so far at WR, hopefully he shows he can do something in the return game but I'm not holding my breath.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

I think this will force Dougie to run a more balanced offense. It's never good to lose Sproles. But if we stop running misdirection jet sweeps with Agholor that the defense knows are designed to get Sproles into space, it won't be the worst thing. Let's see if Blount and Smallwood can be a good duo.

Comment

Cloning

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        I'm not going to ask how you replace him because I don't think you can. But the team will need to find ways to adjust. Starting with the return game. And a lot more.
                        No Clone War. Just cloning.
                        DB

Comment

Can Bryce Treggs return punts?

Comment

No worries. Doug and his analytics guy will noodle it out.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Dougie's analytics = Chip's sports science

Comment

Working...
                              X