Glazer just said on Fox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
    FROM WHAT I KNOW, THERE'S NO 2nd OR 3rd ROUND PICKS FOR IGGS. NOT GONNA GIVE UP YOUR ONE ALSO. THAT LEAVES 4th ROUNDERS OR HIGHER AND PLAYERS. WHAT TEAM WILL GIVE UP A QUALITY O- LINEMAN OR LINEBACKER FOR ONE OR TWO 4th ROUND PICKS? SEEMS UNLIKELY.

THEN THE QUESTION IS, DO YOU LOSE MOST OF NEXT YEARS PICKS TO TAKE THAT SHOT THIS YEAR? AS FANS, HELL YEA.... AS F.O. WHO KNOWS.

ASKING, I DON'T KNOW.
    Don't forget how we got Peters... we traded a #1 for him.

The only guy out there that might fit the profile is Cordy Glenn. And I don't know enough about to the guy to know if he's worthy of that kind of deal. Maybe it's a player and a pick for our first rounder, something like that. He's 28 and under contract through 2020, and there's a good chance we're spending that pick on an OL anyway, so if he makes them better now and answers the LT question for the next three seasons, I'm listening.

Comment

OK, SOUNDS REASONABLE, BUT DO YOU GO INTO DRAUGHT NEXT YEAR WITH YOUR FIRST PICK IN 4th ROUND?
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

this isn't baseball so i don't think the concept of a deadline deal exists. players aren't very easily interchangeable, and fortunes change very fast, so you just can't mortgage the future to "win now." this team will look very silly if it gives up a first for an LT and then loses because they give up 30+ points in a playoff game. OL, i would argue, is also one of the areas in which players need the most time to gel.

a position where this team is weak, and at which players are easily interchangeable, is RB. i haven't heard anyone mention it but i wouldn't mind if they gave up a mid-late round pick for a guy.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 10-29-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          this isn't baseball so i don't think the concept of a deadline deal exists. players aren't very easily interchangeable, and fortunes change very fast, so you just can't mortgage the future to "win now." this team will look very silly if it gives up a first for an LT and then loses because they give up 30+ points in a playoff game. OL, i would argue, is also one of the areas in which players need the most time to gel.

a position where this team is weak, and at which players are easily interchangeable, is RB. i haven't heard anyone mention it but i wouldn't mind if they gave up a mid-late round pick for a guy.
          How silly would they look if they won three more games the rest of the way, got swept by Dallas, and lost the division when the wheels came off on offense because Vaitai couldn't keep the QB upright or open holes for anyone? Somebody's going to look bad if things go wrong, whether they do something or nothing. I don't think that's a justification for doing nothing.

And deadline deals are getting more common. Belichick has made one every year since 2012.

I agree the offensive line is the last group you want to be tinkering with mid-season, but that's the situation we find ourselves in. Seattle is in the same boat. I think it's likely both teams do something.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            OK, SOUNDS REASONABLE, BUT DO YOU GO INTO DRAUGHT NEXT YEAR WITH YOUR FIRST PICK IN 4th ROUND?
            It's not ideal, but the Patriots where in a similar position this year. Their first pick wasn't until the 3rd round.

Winning a Super Bowl the year before makes it a lot easier to take.

Comment

i'd think their problems went beyond vatai if they only won three games the rest of the way. i hear what you're saying, i just don't see a guy out there who's worth a first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

BTW, I'm not advocating for trading a first for Cordy Glenn. I'm just saying that trading a first for a long-term answer at LT isn't unprecedented. I know next to nothing about Glenn, so I can't say whether he is or isn't that guy.

Comment

This

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  Because you lost your second most important player on offense, and you're heading into the more competitive half of the schedule, with two games against the Turds still to play (who, I'm convinced, aren't losing Ezekiel).

Also, Seattle is likely going to make a move for a LT before we play them. If they improve their line, while the Eagles' line is diminished by the loss of Peters, whatever gap there was between the teams in the first half will be closed.

You can't replace Peters, but you can still offset the loss by improving the LT spot, or a skill position, or both. I think the chemistry on the team is good enough that it can withstand some mid-season tweaking.

Bottom line is, it's been 13 years since we've been in this spot. We all know how rare it is to have the inside track on HFA in a league where there is no dominant team. If there's an opportunity to get better right now, even if it means mortgaging a little bit of the future, you take your shot and do it.
                  They need to offset the losses of JP and Hicks in some way. I have 0 confidence in BigV. We all know how long Carson likes to hold the ball. He needs that time or at least another weapon to work with. The loss of Sproles was huge. This team needs more depth if they're going to make a serious run.

Comment

Not to get off track from the thread, but I can't figure out why the coaching staff has not been able to fix this with Wentz yet.

Comment

Walker looks like he can be easily picked on. We can definitely find a more formidable player out there for a 6th rounder that won't be a liability. The depth at lb is frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        Not to get off track from the thread, but I can't figure out why the coaching staff has not been able to fix this with Wentz yet.
                        Because some guys just hold the ball too long looking to make plays.

It's how Rodgers got hurt. Wentz is not going to be like Brady or Manning in getting the ball out before he gets smoked. He's going to be more like Favre, Elway and Rodgers. Will look to make the big play but will hold onto the ball.

Take some of the faults with the amazing plays.
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I think Glenn or Duane Brown are the only guys that can actually be entertained at this point.

Hicks is irreplaceable mid-season and I'm not sure any receiver, even Megatron (assuming best case scenario) or Hilton is really worth the price and work (salary cap) over the next 8 weeks.

I think Big V is a quality backup, but relying on him for hopefully 10+ games is a tall order.

Comment

I'm guessing acquiring Joe Staley is out of the question?
                            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              I think Glenn or Duane Brown are the only guys that can actually be entertained at this point.

Hicks is irreplaceable mid-season and I'm not sure any receiver, even Megatron (assuming best case scenario) or Hilton is really worth the price and work (salary cap) over the next 8 weeks.

I think Big V is a quality backup, but relying on him for hopefully 10+ games is a tall order.
                              Seantrel Henderson from Buffalo. Has Crones (and had surgery) plus a 10 game suspension. That being said, he was thought of as being an up and coming LT and maybe approaching "elite" level. Also read that the cost might be a 7th round pick in 2019. At worst it's depth. At best you get a steal.

Apparently, per crossing broad, the eagles also made a call to the colts about Frank Gore as he is really good as a pass blocking RB.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple small movies for depth guys and a guy to take a risk on.
                              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                                Seantrel Henderson from Buffalo. Has Crones (and had surgery) plus a 10 game suspension. That being said, he was thought of as being an up and coming LT and maybe approaching "elite" level. Also read that the cost might be a 7th round pick in 2019. At worst it's depth. At best you get a steal.

Apparently, per crossing broad, the eagles also made a call to the colts about Frank Gore as he is really good as a pass blocking RB.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple small movies for depth guys and a guy to take a risk on.
                                Henderson is probably the best option. Low cost, young, good upside.

Matt Forte is another RB who could come cheap and help.

Comment

Working...
                                X