JMat and Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMat and Wentz

First JMat got hurt at his first practice with the Bills, chip fracture in his sternum

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-his-sternum/

Second, I feel they made this trade to pull away Wentzs check down security blanket. He is now going to have to make all reads and he can't just check down to his best friend. I think this will make Wentz a better QB in the long run.

So the Eagles are going to run their slot guy in different routes now?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You do not think that Wentz looked for JMat more frequently than others?

Comment

I just don't think they planned to re-sign him. Matthews' numbers were going to dictate an amount greater than his true value (IMO and I'm guessing in the Eagles' opinion as well). Wouldn't make sense and if they think Hollins can fill the void, even better reason to make a move now and get something needed back in return.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
          You do not think that Wentz looked for JMat more frequently than others?
          This deal was made to get speed at a starting corner spot. Ronald Darby was the best player in this deal. Trading Matthews was just done to make it happen.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Plus Hollins is a bigger checkdown target if this was the case.

Hollins will get playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              I just don't think they planned to re-sign him.
              Not a chance. Pinkston was better. And I hated Pinkston.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I don't think trading Matthews had anything to do with forcing Wentz to read his options better.

Quarterbacks throw more to their more reliable receiver(s) ... Matthews was by far the best WR on the team last year ... it isn't real complicated.

Comment

Yes, and I agree with you.

Comment

I know ... perhaps I should have made it clearer that I was embellishing, not disputing.

Comment

Working...
                    X