Bleeding Green: Eagles Impending Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding Green: Eagles Impending Free Agents

I know 9-1 why discuss this now, they put it out so I figured why not. Question was who is the most important to re-sign on this list. I say Jeffery, Bradham with a 2nd tier of Robinson and Watkins.

Patrick Robinson, Darren Sproles, Corey Graham, LeGarrette Blount, Caleb Sturgis, Will Beatty, Dannell Ellerbe, Najee Goode, Kenjon Barner, Jaylen Watkins, Alshon Jeffery, Nigel Bradham, Trey Burton, Beau Allen

Patrick Robinson is gone after this year. They won't pay him what he wants with Darby, Douglas, Mills, and Sidney Jones on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
      I know 9-1 why discuss this now, they put it out so I figured why not. Question was who is the most important to re-sign on this list. I say Jeffery, Bradham with a 2nd tier of Robinson and Watkins.

Patrick Robinson, Darren Sproles, Corey Graham, LeGarrette Blount, Caleb Sturgis, Will Beatty, Dannell Ellerbe, Najee Goode, Kenjon Barner, Jaylen Watkins, Alshon Jeffery, Nigel Bradham, Trey Burton, Beau Allen
      Robinson is gone - i would say Jeffery, Bradham, Burton for sure and Allen if possible - Sturgis will depend on what happens with current K situation -i would also take a flyer on Blount if he wants another 1 year deal for cheap why not trade Smallwood he's got some value i guess
      Last edited by Spartan92; 11-22-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
        Robinson is gone - i would say Jeffery, Bradham, Burton for sure and Allen if possible - Sturgis will depend on what happens with current K situation -i would also take a flyer on Blount if he wants another 1 year deal for cheap why not trade Smallwood he's got some value i guess
        Yeah Robinson will not be needed but I think Burton will be done here, they can draft a TE like the kid from Penn State to back up Ertz.

Comment

PRob is kind of a bummer, but it is what it is. Sidney has Lattimore potential and has a chance to take the secondary from surprisingly good to lights out great. Robinson is giving us the best year of his career, by far, and he's going to get one more really nice contract. Win-win. If they finish what they started and get a you-know-what, he's an Eagle for life no matter where he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            PRob is kind of a bummer, but it is what it is. Sidney has Lattimore potential and has a chance to take the secondary from surprisingly good to lights out great. Robinson is giving us the best year of his career, by far, and he's going to get one more really nice contract. Win-win. If they finish what they started and get a you-know-what, he's an Eagle for life no matter where he goes.
            Was Jones originally predicted to go before Lattimore?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              Curious as to what they do when jones gets up to speed. You can't sit mills right? He may not have that elite speed but he's turning into a nice physical corner who you seem to trust to do his job. Maybe Darby with his speed takes slot in 3 WR situations? Who knows but a good problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                IIRC, it was split pretty closely down the middle. They were 1 and 1A, both legit top ten picks.

Comment

It certainly is a good problem to have and one we have never had before, even when we had the very good combos of Allen/Smith 1991, Brown/Sheppard 2004 we never had this kind of depth behind them
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Looking more and more

Originally posted by EaGLeSFaN328 View Post
                    Curious as to what they do when jones gets up to speed. You can't sit mills right? He may not have that elite speed but he's turning into a nice physical corner who you seem to trust to do his job. Maybe Darby with his speed takes slot in 3 WR situations? Who knows but a good problem to have.
                    like that's a 2018 situation. Unless Jones is going to jump right in and start, I'm not sure the need.

If activating him just means you churn the bottom of the roster in other positions, maybe. Unfortunately when I look at the roster, everyone short of Elijah Qualls has played a role. I'd say Gerry, but LB depth is razor thin even with adding Ellerbe.

Comment

Banner talks about Patrick Robinson with Sheil in their weekly Q&A on The Athletic. Surprisingly, Banner doesn't accept the conventional wisdom that he's a goner, and makes a great point about the distinction between playing the slot and playing outside. Long story short, Banner thinks they make a play to keep Robinson, based on his firm belief that they should. And he doesn't think PRob will break the bank.

I like that. This is a good spot for Robinson, I'd love to keep him.

Comment

I read that, too

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                        Banner talks about Patrick Robinson with Sheil in their weekly Q&A on The Athletic. Surprisingly, Banner doesn't accept the conventional wisdom that he's a goner, and makes a great point about the distinction between playing the slot and playing outside. Long story short, Banner thinks they make a play to keep Robinson, based on his firm belief that they should. And he doesn't think PRob will break the bank.

I like that. This is a good spot for Robinson, I'd love to keep him.
                        That weekly Q & A with Joe is worth the price of the subscription.

As for PRob, I don't see anything wrong with a 2-year deal at a reasonable price. All of these folks who say the Eagles are in cap hell next year, fail to see the savings that will probably result from dudes like Celek, Sproles, and possibly Peters not being on the team next year.

On a similar note, they've got to get some space for 2019 for a potential Wentz mega-deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X