Hey BACers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey BACers

How about colleagues who only score themselves "Significantly Above Target" or "5's" or whatever your best score is in their year end reviews?

Maroons.

DB
    DB

Yep

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    How about colleagues who only score themselves "Significantly Above Target" or "5's" or whatever your best score is in their year end reviews?

Maroons.

DB
    We have a scale of 1-5, 1 being "walk on water", 2 being very hipo, 3 "strong performance" (most people get this), 4 and 5 rarely given. Had someone in my group rate himself 1 on all objectives - ridiculous!
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I hate that. I was working on mine yesterday. Ours is "totally suck," "below expectations," "meet expectations," "exceed expectations," "significantly exceed expectations." It feels presumptuous to put anything better than "meets expectations." I mean, I hope that I have exceeded his expectations in some areas but I would feel like a total tool selecting that.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

same thing here

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
        We have a scale of 1-5, 1 being "walk on water", 2 being very hipo, 3 "strong performance" (most people get this), 4 and 5 rarely given. Had someone in my group rate himself 1 on all objectives - ridiculous!
        I had to give her "the Speech."
        DB

Comment

particularly with what we do for a living

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          I hate that. I was working on mine yesterday. Ours is "totally suck," "below expectations," "meet expectations," "exceed expectations," "significantly exceed expectations." It feels presumptuous to put anything better than "meets expectations." I mean, I hope that I have exceeded his expectations in some areas but I would feel like a total tool selecting that.
          How can you be the top rank in reviewing a contract or a package's label? At least Riccardo can invent a new fragrance that makes women orgasm by simply whispering "Rosebud" in their ear. That is mos def "significantly above target." Literally and figuratively.
          DB

Comment

Well, I think Ric's company has a section for biceps, in which case he should be giving himself the highest grade!

I was talking to my boss, who is a really cool guy, about how uncomfortable I always am with the reviews and he basically said if anyone gives themselves the highest marks it's just an indicator to him that he needs to have a talk with them. In other words, just be modest and let him tell you that you did better than you think.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I use to kick it back to them until they got it right.

Maroons.

DB
              Nobody wants to do it over and over.

Old days, the boss would do the evaluation.

Comment

Of course, on my evaluation

I rated myself all 1s!

Comment

Like how they still do it at McDonald's

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  Nobody wants to do it over and over.

Old days, the boss would do the evaluation.
                  "Here's your McPay check. You're McFired. Get the McFuck out of here."
                  DB

Comment

We have a calibration process

I had to give her "the Speech."
                    Final ratings don't come out until Feb next year, then we sit down for the talks

Comment

More power to you guys, I could never work in that environment, If I'm doing a good job, give me a raise, if I'm doing a shitty job, can my ass, otherwise, leave me the fuck alone!:D

Comment

Ya see Dimbo, you really need to grow a set. Well all of you really

Last time they made me do that I just wrote on it, "Why, don't you know what I do?"

Seemed reasonable to me. Why am I doing their job? Aren't they the "bosses" who know all?

Jeez, I hated that garbage.
                        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

"all of you?"

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                          Last time they made me do that I just wrote on it, "Why, don't you know what I do?"

Seemed reasonable to me. Why am I doing their job? Aren't they the "bosses" who know all?

Jeez, I hated that garbage.
                          Don't you mean, "all y'all."

Comment

OK, Comrade

Originally posted by Nikita Khrushchev View Post
                            Don't you mean, "all y'all."
                            And by the way, I really did that.

It just pissed me off. Rating my own work seemed like I was doing their job for them.

And then I was made to fill it out anyway. BOOOOO.
                            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I'm only here because I thought BACers meant people with a high BAC. College footboore sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X