OK I gotta give the Patriots' radio announcers credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    The play call to end the game was so underwhelming for such a historical moment. I can’t help but think he’s a Giants fan.

Colingsworth seemed to be manufacturing controversy. I don’t remember him being so uninformed about rules and making amateur calls.
    Say what you want about Joe Buck, but his call of the NFCCG blew away Michaels' call of the Super Bowl. Throughout the whole game, I was wishing Fox had it this year.

Comment

I preferred this call by Buck

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
      Say what you want about Joe Buck, but his call of the NFCCG blew away Michaels' call of the Super Bowl. Throughout the whole game, I was wishing Fox had it this year.
      His call on the Keenum/Diggs play was ok but this one was pretty sweet if not a bit dated...

https://youtu.be/hf6n070Ym0s

Comment

Why all the knocking of Michaels?

If I could look up my posts going back years, you’d see that I have always held him up as a third rate announcer. In fact, I doubt he’s even that good. I have never enjoyed him and his know it all attitude ( he surely doesn’t).

He stepped in shit with his “miracles” line and his myth just grew from there.

His commentary sucks and his knowledge of the game is severely lacking. His one line, same as Collinsworth, is that the team that’s ahead is really good.......until the other team takes the lead.

Ergo, his crappy call of the final play was to be expected, although I’m sure it would have been more animated had the pass been a success for NE.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
          His call on the Keenum/Diggs play was ok but this one was pretty sweet if not a bit dated...

https://youtu.be/hf6n070Ym0s
          I don’t get the Buck hate. I think he’s the best NFL play by play guy on TV... by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            I don’t get the Buck hate. I think he’s the best NFL play by play guy on TV... by a mile.
            No problem with Buck on my end, at least he sounds interested and into the game. Michaels sounded like my GPS telling me I have reached my location on the right. Or something out of a Larry Brown post game “play the right way” snore fest

Comment

Working...
            X