Okafor Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd View Post
    Okafor had a "minor" meniscus surgery and still has issues. If it is minor like they are saying...Best to try non-surgical methods first.
    I believe it's best for Embiid to get this cleaned out ASAP. If he doesn't get it taken care of as soon as possible it's just probably going to make things worse.

The Sixers are going nowhere this year.

As much as we may wish away that there is no problem, it appears that there is a problem. Treat it ASAP.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      I believe it's best for Embiid to get this cleaned out ASAP. If he doesn't get it taken care of as soon as possible it's just probably going to make things worse.

The Sixers are going nowhere this year.

As much as we may wish away that there is no problem, it appears that there is a problem. Treat it ASAP.
      But surgery is not always the best option for a meniscus. Especially if the tear is minor. Physical therapy is a form of treatment.

Plus... From what they are saying the bone bruise is the cause of the swelling and not the meniscus.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Saturday night Okafor is shaking hands with teammates and team staff to say goodbye. Yesterday, he doesn't fly on the team charter to the away game.

It's now almost 3pm Monday and Colangelo still hasn't pulled the trigger on anything. There is no doubt in my mind that he's either going to get swindled or, he fucks it up completely and Jah has to come back to the team he already mentally moved on from.

I'll say it again, good thing they got rid of Hinkie who had no rapport with other GMs and had no idea how to conduct business. BC is REALLY showing us how a true GM is supposed to handle everything.

Comment

I'm very confident Colangelo is a turd. It's a travesty Hinkie isn't here.

Comment

Its hard to keep myself from going full negaldelphian on them right now. Bc sucks from everyone's perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              If they make a move that makes this team better over the final 28 games, I'm going to be pissed.
              don't forget they have the swap rights with the Kings. They start playing doo doo, no worries about the Sixers' record.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                don't forget they have the swap rights with the Kings. They start playing doo doo, no worries about the Sixers' record.
                Ya, but even this is top 10 protected, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  Ya, but even this is top 10 protected, I believe.
                  Nope. Straight up swap.

Comment

The Kings won four of their last five including wins over Golden State, Boston (without Cousins), and Atlanta. They have plenty of wins left on their schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      New England Journal of Medicine agrees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/26/he...anted=all&_r=0
                      Not exactly.

"The Finnish study does not indicate that surgery never helps; there is consensus that it should be performed in some circumstances, especially for younger patients and for tears from acute sports injuries. But about 80 percent of tears develop from wear and aging, and some researchers believe surgery in those cases should be significantly limited."

Embiid didn't develop his tear from wear and aging.
                      --------

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        But surgery is not always the best option for a meniscus. Especially if the tear is minor. Physical therapy is a form of treatment.

Plus... From what they are saying the bone bruise is the cause of the swelling and not the meniscus.
                        You're probably right about where the swelling is coming from. As far as the meniscus injury is concerned, it does depend on the specifics. I guess I am skeptical about the Sixers' definition of "minor".
                        --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          You're probably right about where the swelling is coming from. As far as the meniscus injury is concerned, it does depend on the specifics. I guess I am skeptical about the Sixers' definition of "minor".
                          I agree. I don't trust them all that much. One thing I'm not sure of though... They said the tear is not acute and was pre-existing. I'm not saying they are wrong... Just seems odd...Like...He never had pain? Unless he did it a long time ago and never said anything.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

100% agree with nerd. He has to learn to play under control if thats possible for a young buck. I think Noel has it down, keep your feet on the ground. God I hope he's not another Walton.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                              100% agree with nerd. He has to learn to play under control if thats possible for a young buck. I think Noel has it down, keep your feet on the ground. God I hope he's not another Walton.
                              Or Oden.

On a side note...another awesome win on the road. I was there in person...gotta love this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                                Or Oden.

On a side note...another awesome win on the road. I was there in person...gotta love this team.
                                Me too. I was the obnoxious loud one in the Erving jersey in the corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X