Confidential to Kelly Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Kelly Green

The check is in the mail, so to speak. Let me know when you get it.

P.S. What do you think about the idea in this article?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...-innings-rule/
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Overbrooking this ... that is the stupidest fucking thing I've even heard of.

Why not start the inning with the ball in the center fielder's glove ... make each field put a painted spot 100 feet into the outfield directly in line with homeplate ... the center fielder has to stand there with the ball ... the runner goes and the ump blows a whistle when he is 2/3's of the way to third (you paint a line there also for this purpose) and then the center fielder can throw home.

It's like a hockey shootout ... each team gets 5 tries ... you can't change the CF but each try is a different runner.
    Last edited by slag; 02-18-2017, 12:01 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Overbrooking this ... that is the stupidest fucking thing I've even heard of.

Why not start the inning with the ball in the center fielder's glove ... make each field put a painted spot 100 feet into the outfield directly in line with homeplate ... the center fielder has to stand there with the ball ... the runner goes and the ump blows a whistle when he is 2/3's of the way to third (you paint a line there also for this purpose) and then the center fielder can throw home.

It's like a hockey shootout ... each team gets 5 tries ... you can't change the CF but each try is a different runner.
      Why not have a home run derby to decide the game? Exciting!
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

How about a bunting contest ... put peach baskets on the field ... 5 players ... one pitch each ... total baskets wins.
        Last edited by slag; 02-18-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Remove the shortstop and center fielder.

Comment

and make the rest of the players do three shots of Midnight Moon between innings.

Comment

I'd be down for finding some alternative for after 12 innings.

I went to a 16-inning stinker at Shea one time where Beltran beat the Phils with a walk off. The trains got all fucked up because of the lateness and I sat for an hour on my way home, so I didn't get in until 4, and blew a job interview the next morning.

But aside from my first world problems, position players ruin their arms when they are pressed into pitching duty, and the impact from those super long games (fatigue, etc) is felt at least through the rest of the series.
              Last edited by BigSlizz; 02-18-2017, 04:48 PM.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Thank You Sir -- I'll Be On The Lookout -- NOW, About This Rule...

It's already being used and I think it's great. In fact I've seen it decide games countless times in the last decade or so.

Before I continue, I don't give fat rat's ass what my Board Brothers say about how STUPID this is -- you asked, Boss Man and I answer -- or how the Basebore Purists feel about ANY changes to the game they fall down and worship five times every day.

The 10th inning rule is used in HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL !!! In tie games after the regulation seven, teams get two shots at winning by using the regular rules, but in the 10th, the last batter in the ninth goes to second and the game continues until there is a winner.

Games rarely go beyond the 10th.

Of course, if I were king:

1. Pitchers would be allowed three throws to first per inning to hold the runner and they'd have to decide when to use them to their team's best advantage.
                2. Batters would be allowed two "time outs" per at bat, not the 659 they can now have without penalty (talk to the coach, get the rosin rag, talk to the coach, walk away and stroll around the on deck circle to show their displeasure over a call, talk to the coach, etc. ad nauseum).
                3. You're gonna walk a batter? Tell the ump, the batter goes to first.

Oh yeah -- the 10th inning rule sounds FANTASTIC!

Now have at it, children.
                Last edited by Kelly Green; 02-19-2017, 02:46 PM.
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Good idea ... you know, in T-ball leagues they don't have pitchers ... it's great ... lots of offense.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Good idea ... you know, in T-ball leagues they don't have pitchers ... it's great ... lots of offense.
                    Make it at least a moving object, move up a grade and YOUR coaches pitch to you, lol

Comment

OH OH I KNOW! IN EXTRA INNINGS PUT THE PITCHING MACHINE OUT THERE WHEN RELIEVERS GET TO 25 PITCHES THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORK SO HARD! YEA YEA THAT'S IT!!!!
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                        Remove the shortstop and center fielder.
                        I like where you are going! For each inning if extras, remove one position player from the field.

Comment

START WITH THE CATCHER, THE UMP CAN BE USED AS A BACKSTOP.

AT THE TENTH INNING, PUT UP PORTABLE WALLS TO MAKE A 200 HOME RUN POSSIBLE IN DEAD CENTER FIELD, ON THE WALLS PUT BARBED WIRE SO OUTFIELDERS CAN'T GET NEAR THEM.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Immediately fly Mitch Williams to whichever park is about

to host an extra innings game and let him pitch for both teams.

Game won't go past 10 innings either.
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                            X