Okafor Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    Do I really need to defend my position against BCJ? If you're OK with what you see, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. There are two types of Sixers fans. Ones who care about Noel's psyche and the smart ones. He's as expendable as Ilyasova.
    Am I ecstatic...no, but was just trying to understand the doom and gloom. Labeling yourself smart...ha!

Noel is definitely not as expendable as Ilyasova. One is 22, the other 29, and the 22 yr old is a much more efficient basketball player.

Comment

I have no idea what is so appealing about Noel. Does anyone remember the Samuel Dalembert years? My god. He's a backup. That's it.

Comment

A capable defensive C who can finish open looks and be dangerous at the rim on PnR's is very valuable in a backup, but Noel won't want backup money.

He seems like a good kid, he went through pretty much the whole "Process," and I want to see him do well, but I'm not paying him starter money to be a solid contributor off the bench.

Comment

Hinkie would have moved him and/or Noel by now. I tried to give Colangelo the benefit of the doubt but I can't bite my tongue anymore. He's a fucking buffoon.

Comment

Holy Hot Bob Covington! 18 points: 7-7 (4-4 from 3) with 5 rebs and 2 steals in the first half in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              Holy Hot Bob Covington! 18 points: 7-7 (4-4 from 3) with 5 rebs and 2 steals in the first half in Boston.
              fucking christ, another lost to the celtics.

i understand the process...but if they just turn into the edmonton oilers of basketball...i hope that hinkie gets hit by a meteor.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                A capable defensive C who can finish open looks and be dangerous at the rim on PnR's is very valuable in a backup, but Noel won't want backup money.

He seems like a good kid, he went through pretty much the whole "Process," and I want to see him do well, but I'm not paying him starter money to be a solid contributor off the bench.
                He's starting to knock down that midrange j with a little more consistency.

It blows but with Embiid's injury issues still hovering they need NN as insurance. He'll pair decently with Simmons.

Comment

Its a Fucking shame how far hinkie got

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                  Hinkie would have moved him and/or Noel by now. I tried to give Colangelo the benefit of the doubt but I can't bite my tongue anymore. He's a fucking buffoon.
                  And didn't get to finish.

Comment

If Embiid doesn't pan out, it doesn't matter if they have Noel to pair with Simmons or not, this team won't be a championship contender, so to me, there's more value in letting Noel get starter money somewhere else.

If you max out Noel and then Embiid stays healthy, when it comes time to pay him, Simmons and whatever lottery picks they get this year, plus try to dip into free agency, there's going to be a lot of "I wish we weren't paying our backup C so much money" conversations going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      If Embiid doesn't pan out, it doesn't matter if they have Noel to pair with Simmons or not, this team won't be a championship contender, so to me, there's more value in letting Noel get starter money somewhere else.

If you max out Noel and then Embiid stays healthy, when it comes time to pay him, Simmons and whatever lottery picks they get this year, plus try to dip into free agency, there's going to be a lot of "I wish we weren't paying our backup C so much money" conversations going on.
                      I agree that you can't pay NN max money or even close to it. However, the cap is going up yet again and they are still at the bottom of the league as far as spending goes.

That being said, I'd like to see Jrue and Otto Porter offered max deals in the off season.

Comment

There are only two players, IMO, who are absolutely untouchable right now: Embiid and Simmons. I would hold on to Saric, too, but I wouldn't quite label him as untouchable.

I like Noel. I want him to be part of the team going forward. But he's not a max player. Not close IMO.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          There are only two players, IMO, who are absolutely untouchable right now: Embiid and Simmons. I would hold on to Saric, too, but I wouldn't quite label him as untouchable.

I like Noel. I want him to be part of the team going forward. But he's not a max player. Not close IMO.
                          I don't think that many people would label him that, but he might get it anyway b/c of the skyrocketing cap. A max player now might be way less than a max player in 2-3 years.

Comment

Latest rumor says 10 or 11 teams are possibly interested. I don't quite buy this number...

http://thesixersense.com/2017/02/18/...w-10-11-teams/
                            Last edited by Ground_Meat; 02-19-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Per ESPN, the Sixers and Celtics talking about a Jah trade

Comment

Ainge will fleece Colangelo.

Comment

Working...
                                X