Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCaffrey had 2nd lowest total of bench presses at combine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCaffrey had 2nd lowest total of bench presses at combine.

Upper body strength must not be a white thing.

FUM-BLE!

McCaffrey completed just 10 reps of the 225-pound bench press
    at the NFLScouting Combine on Thursday. That was the second lowest
    total of the 30 running backs to participate in the test. San Diego
    State running back D.J. Pumphrey, who measured 5-foot-8, 176 pounds,
    had the lowest output with five reps.
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...nch_press.html
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

I don't know if that's as important for a RB as compared to someone like a d-lineman or o-lineman.

Actually, who gives a sh!t. I care more about agility and leg strength.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Most overrated overblown metric going. Give me a guy that can power clean 330, and back squat 500 plus every day over the bench press. You don't run with your ams...
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        I don't know if that's as important for a RB as compared to someone like a d-lineman or o-lineman.

Actually, who gives a sh!t. I care more about agility and leg strength.
        When they're trying to strip the ball on every play, its important. Running backs cant avoid contact. Definitely not what you want in a first rounder.

Comment

Behind Charles Harris?
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-25-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Did he fumble a lot in college? I honestly don't know. But that has more to do with how you hold the ball and arm strength. Tiki Barber didn't stop fumbling because he started going beast mode on the bench press, Coughlin just showed him how to hold the football.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I seriously couldn't care less how many bench press reps my running back/slot receiver does at the combine. We mock "workout warriors" who can't play so I'm not going to ding a RB for his bench press reps.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Did he fumble a lot in college? I honestly don't know. But that has more to do with how you hold the ball and arm strength. Tiki Barber didn't stop fumbling because he started going beast mode on the bench press, Coughlin just showed him how to hold the football.
                Two fumbles for McCaffrey last year.
                Kamara had two (with far fewer carries).
                Fournette had three (also with fewer carries).
                Mixon had three.
                Cook had three.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  Did he fumble a lot in college?
                  Is the Pac-10 the NFL? Players make their living stripping ball carriers in the pros. Its not gonna matter how he carries it if hes not strong enough to hold on to it.

Comment

DOESN'T EVERY TEAM HAVE A WEIGHT ROOM AND STRENGTH COACH? I'M PRETTY SURE HE CAN LIFT SOME WEIGHTS TO GET STRONGER WHEN HE GETS DRAFTED. NOT AN ISSUE.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

You don't think he'll get stronger? Come on. Anyway, not sure how much your chest strength affects your ability to hold on to a football.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

With pick fourteen in a draft this loaded they have to get a freakish player. I think McCaffrey fits the bill but his lack of an NFL physique is a little worrisome.

That being said his game is NFL ready and he has one of the highest floors Ive ever seen. At the very least he will be Julian Edelman. If he can withstand a beating.

Either way you have to grade him against receivers because he isnt a 30 touch a game player.
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

He's my pick. When you can get a game changer you go for it. NFL is offense nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                            Is the Pac-10 the NFL? Players make their living stripping ball carriers in the pros. Its not gonna matter how he carries it if hes not strong enough to hold on to it.
                            Plus..Benching isn't going to really improve his grip strength. Working on bicep and forearm strength would probably help more
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              When they're trying to strip the ball on every play, its important. Running backs cant avoid contact. Definitely not what you want in a first rounder.
                              It's funny because my first impression when I saw him was that he looked like he might be fumble prone. But after I checked his stats he doesn't appear to be.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                              X