Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for our official "pick that will make you put your fist through your wall"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squire View Post
    I don't know. Foremost, I just really don't want another DE. Other than Trent Cole and to a lesser extent Brandon Graham we have been uniformly awful at picking DEs. And most writeups I read on Barnett are lacks explosion but is a high motor guy. I worry about guys like that at the next level. But he's got helium and Ray Diddy likes him and I do acknowledge he'd fit the scheme. I guess I won't hate it.
    Hard to not have a bad taste in your mouth about first round DEs. You need your early picks to play above their rookie contracts to balance out the cap and be successful, and we seem to get nothing from them early, if at all.

I'd rather gear the early picks toward maximum impact/value.

Comment

I'd take McCarthy over McCaffrey
      Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Honestly, outside of a kicker or a qb, I don't think i'll bitch about anyone to be honest.

I don't know who is going to play well or not play well or get hurt.

I will say this though, a recent report came out that the eagles have drafted more power five players than anyone in football and they love the SEC too.

So, I could see guys like Barnett, the linebacker from Alabama while I'm drawing a blank, or even harris being the pick at 14.

If I'm being honest, and which this being such a deep draft and the eagles needing a bunch of talent, I would be all for a trade back in the first round. If they can get an extra 3rd or 4th round pick...that's another corner, a RB, WR, o-line or d-lineman they could take.
        Last edited by nerd; 04-24-2017, 12:09 PM.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
          I'd take McCarthy over McCaffrey
          Revisiting these threads is going to be a lot of fun during the season.

I say McCaffrey will be the offensive ROY.

Comment

Hey Ells,

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            Good pick. He was on my short list but I think he's got a ton of natural ability and fared better in college as an End than Mucus Smith and Harris.

I wouldn't love that at 14 but would like it better than J Ross.

This year just had a different feel because I think they got a legit eye for talent guy now in Douglas. And he could go all Hells Angels on Roseman if he gets out of line.
            ....do you take TE Howard if he drops to us?? Would you take him over a WR?

I would lean yes due to the depth at the WR position.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

But at the same time you can't not pick a DE if he's BPA based on the past. Especially since there's a new sheriff in town doing the evaluations & setting the board for Boy Blunder to hopefully just Parrot a name over the phone for submission.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-24-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I'd take him over a WR Bc he would be BPA.

But I would look to trade down a spot or 2 to a team who covers him and take your CB or DE while adding a pick.

We are stuck with ertz for a while.

Comment

Obi Melifonwu

I'd take him over a WR Bc he would be BPA.

But I would look to trade down a spot or 2 to a team who covers him and take your CB or DE while adding a pick.

We are stuck with ertz for a while.
                  2017's Mamula.

Comment

But at the same time you can't not pick a DE if he's BPA based on the past. Especially since there's a new sheriff in town doing the evaluations & setting the board for Boy Blunder to hopefully just Parrot a name over the phone for submission.
                    Logically, you can't base any decision on what's happened in the past. Marcus Smith II has nothing to do with Barnett or Harris. Different players, different defense, different people doing to the evaluations. Logically speaking, one has nothing to do with the other.

We're not always logical when it comes to this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                      Logically, you can't base any decision on what's happened in the past. Marcus Smith II has nothing to do with Barnett or Harris. Different players, different defense, different people doing to the evaluations. Logically speaking, one has nothing to do with the other.

We're not always logical when it comes to this stuff.
                      Yeah. This is completely true. I really don't disagree with anything Ellsworth says at all. It is illogical. Just all those Top 3 round picks (Harris, McDougal, Jamaal Green, Abiamiri, Graham, Smith, Jon Harris, Teo-Nesheim, Bryan Smith, etc.).

But agree that this is a new sheriff picking. I'll be happy if we get good value with all of our picks and get our needs at least sorta filled. I have zero problem taking the TE or Foster at 14. Would love those picks.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing

Perry Tuttle II
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Meanwhile I heard the Bucs' GM - I think it is Licht - on John Clayton this weekend. He, Jamie's, Evans, the whole Bucs offense are beyond pleased to have brought DJax on board. Say he's still no worse than the second fastest player in the league, will open up underneath routes and the running game, etc. Made me nauseated.

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                            Yeah. This is completely true. I really don't disagree with anything Ellsworth says at all. It is illogical. Just all those Top 3 round picks (Harris, McDougal, Jamaal Green, Abiamiri, Graham, Smith, Jon Harris, Teo-Nesheim, Bryan Smith, etc.).

But agree that this is a new sheriff picking. I'll be happy if we get good value with all of our picks and get our needs at least sorta filled. I have zero problem taking the TE or Foster at 14. Would love those picks.
                            Totally illogical. And yet, if Harris is the pick at #14, I'll be utterly deflated.

He's really the only player on the board that I wouldn't be the least bit excited about. Which means almost certainly he'll be the pick.

Comment

Apparently Eagles are torn between Conley & Harris. I just see no point in drafting a 1st rder that won't start. Harris feels like a pre-Joe Douglas pick which is why it would disappoint me.
                              Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

His spider chart at the combine looks like Kelly Green went in his place.

Comment

Working...
                                X