The Las Vegas Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Las Vegas Raiders

It's official. Silver and black headed to Vegas. 31 owners voted yes, only the Dolphins voted no.

The Raiders are the perfect old vegas team, haha

Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-27-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

NFC East is on the Raiders schedule for the inaugural season in Las Vegas, 2020

Comment

NFL taking another step in the wrong direction....

....continue screwing over your loyal fan base.

I understand the business side of it.....but it's short term in my opinion.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

LV is 40th biggest TV market in the country. Bay Area is 6th biggest, but you do have to split the fan base with the 49ers.

Here is what is really crazy. Oakland is still on the hook for something like $95 mil in debt from when they renovated the coliseum in 1995.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/m...gs-9958308.php

Also it appears that someone named Mark Davis registered the domain name "lasvegasraiders.com" back in 1998.
          http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/oakl...is-domain-name
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            It's official. Silver and black headed to Vegas. 31 owners voted yes, only the Dolphins voted no.
            Remember when the NFL was part of the coalition to prevent Delaware from having sports gambling.

http://www.espn.com/espn/news/story?id=4353948
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Really sucks for the fans.
              But the City of Oakland will be better off without the Raiders....at least financially
              Las Vegs is putting up $750 million in public tax money for the down payment and another $200 million in maintenance costs. That's why the greedy-ass owners don't give a shit about the 40th largest market or gambling or anything else

Its nearly 1 billion in public cash invested in their scheme.
              San Diego, Oakland and St Louis all came up short in handing over a suitable ransom to these bastards - but I think the cities will all be better off.

You can still watch/cheer for any team you like, but your city is ahead by the billion dollars that these Barons don't get to spend on their dick-measuring contests, err stadiums.
              Municipal stadiums and blue collar fans are a quaint memory...

Have you seen the effing starship Mecedes palace in Atl ?
              http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/fly-through-video/

Lurie will be talking remodel in 5 years...

Comment

Even better, the Raiders will stay in Oakland for 2 more years before moving. If that isn't a huge "suck it" I don't know what is.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I heard they're paying for it by raising the hotel tax a buck fifty a day.

If that's true, the "public money" is coming from those buffet-eatin' motherfuckers with $1.50 less a day to spend on slots.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Even better, the Raiders will stay in Oakland for 2 more years before moving. If that isn't a huge "suck it" I don't know what is.
                    The Warriors are building a new stadium and moving from OAK back to SF too.

Although, from what I gather, the Warriors have gentrified themselves out of Oakland and their residents already, now it's just a formality.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      I heard they're paying for it by raising the hotel tax a buck fifty a day.

If that's true, the "public money" is coming from those buffet-eatin' motherfuckers with $1.50 less a day to spend on slots.
                      Those hotel taxes were originally supposed to go for things like schools, fire dept, roads, sewers, public transit. But now those funds are being diverted to the NFL instead. Then in a year or two, LV and Nevada will float a bond, a special tax or new assessment to pay for the billion in public services they gave away to the NFL Barons.

By claiming it doesn't cost the locals "anything" the NFL has figgered out how to tax the dumbass public without directly taxing the dumbass public...
                      So when you go to Vegas, you're paying for their new stadium, just like when people come to Philly, they are paying for Lurie's palace.

Taxation without representation in the modern world.

Comment

Phoenix does that, as well, but I think it's just on the rental cars (I could be wrong, though).

I'm planning a Vegas trip in August. Yippee...I get to help them out.

Comment

The two times I've been to Vegas I basically played golf ... don't gamble much.

However, both times I played $20 in a slot machine amusing myself while waiting at the airport gate ... so if I go again, I'll only play 10 or 15 to make up for the 5-10 the NFL takes.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'll play a little, but I'll be more into the other activities. Plenty of shows (both official and freak) are readily available. The boy went a couple of weeks ago for his boss' bachelor party, and he said that 4 days was all he could handle. I'll be there a full week. Of course, I won't be on quite the same bender that he was.

Comment

Of all the sins in Sin City, I was taken down by the all-you-can -eat shrimp festival at the Riviera.
                              Ate an ocean of shrimp and was so full that even loosening my pants wasn't enough, I had to untie my shoes to get some relief...
                              Passed out shortly thereafter and then laughed at myself for the next 20 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmTTy_MM5w

Comment

Working...
                              X