Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCaffrey had 2nd lowest total of bench presses at combine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    You don't think he'll get stronger? Come on. Anyway, not sure how much your chest strength affects your ability to hold on to a football.
    If there's a correlation between ball security and chest strength, you'd think it would show up in the stat sheet, with the weaker guys fumbling more frequently than the stronger guys. If they're all playing at the same level, it's a fair comparison. CMC has as good or better ball security than all of the strongest backs in the college game.

I'm skeptical that the Eagles are going to have an opportunity to draft him, but if he is, he's going to be damn tempting. If he and Corey Davis are both there, you're looking at maybe the toughest draft day decision ever.

Comment

Well Adrien Peterson is a weightroom monster. Not sure what he bench presses but I bet it's more than 10 reps of 225 and he seems to have a fumble issue.
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
        Well Adrien Peterson is a weightroom monster. Not sure what he bench presses but I bet it's more than 10 reps of 225 and he seems to have a fumble issue.
        The thing with McCaffrey is his hand size... only 28th percentile.

But again, statistically he does not appear to be exceptionally fumble prone.

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/20...ian-mccaffrey/
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

There is no correlation. Unless you can hide the ball under your giant pecs.

I've been seeing some stuff on Twitter indicating Davis might be the guy (nothing concrete, just typical draft speculation). I'd be ok with that. Same with Mike Williams if he falls. To me, Williams is the surest thing.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Corey Davis is tweetin he's allready an Eagle. Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

It’s difficult to find fault in McCaffrey’s game aside from his lack of size and strength.
              Nuff said. This is the NFL not the Princess 12. Solid 2nd round pick, horrible first rounder.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

There is no correlation. Unless you can hide the ball under your giant pecs.
                Barber attributes his recovery from fumbling the ball to increased strength training in the upper body ...
                Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  Nuff said. This is the NFL not the Princess 12. Solid 2nd round pick, horrible first rounder.
                  AND HE CAN GET INTO AN NFL WEIGHT ROOM AND GET STRONGER. I DON'T SEE HOW THIS IS AN ISSUE AT ALL.

NOT THAT I WOULD TAKE HIM, I WOULDN'T. I WOULD LIKE FOREMAN AT A LOWER DRAFT PIC.
                  DUCK CONVINCED ME D'ONTA WILL BE THERE AT 2nd OR EVEN 3rd ROUND.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Yeah, there's more to upper body strength than your chest. Would love to see the entire article you cite. I just did a simple Google search and read 4 articles on the subject (I didn't really need to - I was still living in the NYC area at the time and remember the whole thing clearly). In every single one he cites holding the ball high and tight and bracing for impact as the reason he stopped fumbling. That's also the advice he gives to current players and kids. Strangely, there wasn't a single mention of his bench reps. That's probably because you hold a football against your chest and not with it...
                    Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-26-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

That's probably because you hold a football against your chest and not with it...
                      And what do you use to hold the ball to your chest?

Both how you hold the ball and strength matter. College defenses - particularly Pac-12- are not representative of the NFL. Way too many red flags for 14.

Sproles would keep him off the field anyway. No first round running back - especially a gadget player.

Gimme cornerbacks and lots of them!
                      Last edited by Maniac; 04-26-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I feel like a meathead debating this lol. I PICK THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN.

Comment

Working...
                        X