Brooks take pay cut... how about Peters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooks take pay cut... how about Peters

At least one guy is a team player and wanting to help out.

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
    At least one guy is a team player and wanting to help out.
    It's Ron Brooks, dude. Pay cut or get cut. There was no taking one for the team here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
      It's Ron Brooks, dude. Pay cut or get cut. There was no taking one for the team here.
      Yes I know that, but Peters could have restructured and saved the Eagles cap space to help out.

Comment

Yes I know that, but Peters could have restructured and saved the Eagles cap space to help out.
        Because he is a top 5 LT in the NFL and the 11th highest paid at his position and coming off of a Pro Bowl season.. you don't take a paycut with those credentials

Comment

UH OH

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-sp...eters-broncos/

Pure speculation at this point but possible
          Last edited by CbEagle; 04-01-2017, 09:24 AM.
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
            UH OH

It's April 1. On this day Tom may get his wish! Tom rules!
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
              UH OH

If if frees up 10-13 million I am fine with that, let's face it Peters has declined, the pro bowl is a joke and players get in for their name. Not saying Peters is not good anymore but he gets hurt allot now and did have quite a few penalties last season. Time to move on.

Comment

If if frees up 10-13 million I am fine with that, let's face it Peters has declined, the pro bowl is a joke and players get in for their name. Not saying Peters is not good anymore but he gets hurt allot now and did have quite a few penalties last season. Time to move on.
                Free Agency signing period is pretty much over. All that is left is cheap and available. The Eagles have enough cap room to sign their draft picks.

Freeing up cap room this year does very little for the Eagles at this point.
                --------

Comment

Peters actually had a bounce back year last year and played very well. Im not comfortable with a scrub in there protecting my franchise QB's blind side if Hee Haw gets hurt or busted for PED's again.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                    Peters actually had a bounce back year last year and played very well. Im not comfortable with a scrub in there protecting my franchise QB's blind side if Hee Haw gets hurt or busted for PED's again.
                    Level of agreement: 100 percent
                    --------

Comment

Still think this is an April Fools

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      Level of agreement: 100 percent
                      Like you wrote, free agency is basically over. No need to get cute. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see another "splash" move by Howie.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Like you wrote, free agency is basically over. No need to get cute. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see another "splash" move by Howie.
                        I don't know where this is coming from, but I doubt it's an April Fool's gag. Kempski himself talks about how improbable it is several times in the piece. The April Fooler will usually make an effort to sell his foolery to the unwitting masses, not downplay and undercut it.

I'm pretty sure it's just some slow news day mental masturbation based on Joe Schmoe's email. If there is anything to it, and Denver was desperate enough to give up a day two pick, I think you have to do that. Maybe use the extra pick to draft a Dion Dawkins, have an open battle for RT between Big V, the rookie, maybe Seumalo. I dunno. You'd take a hit losing JP, no doubt. But there are some flexible pieces already in place. Add a couple more and the line would probably be okay.
                        Last edited by The Duck; 04-01-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          Free Agency signing period is pretty much over. All that is left is cheap and available. The Eagles have enough cap room to sign their draft picks.

Freeing up cap room this year does very little for the Eagles at this point.
                          It frees up room for one particular player: Jonathan Hankins. Which also alleviates the need to spend a pick on DT (and creates the need to draft an OT).

If Denver is really after McCaffrey, the only thing that makes any sense to me is a pick swap that involves Peters. Something like:

Denver gets: Pick 14 + Jason Peters
                          Eagles get: R1-Pick 20, R2-Pick 19, R3-Pick 37 (plus the addition of Hankins).

You'd basically be getting a late third for Peters, but you're also getting good value on the trade down because the really want McCaffrey and really need an LT.

Comment

Working...
                          X