I’m so happy for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m so happy for you guys

As an Eagles fan, I had been waiting for this moment as well. But I am happy for you guys, who tailgayte at every home game and some of you travel to watch them as well. My dad was never a sports fan and to be honest, I didn’t start in sports until we moved to Tennessee from Philadelphia when I was 10. I never saw my first Eagles game until later that year when Sam Baker kicked 4 FGs in a 12-0 Eagles win over the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. So all of you who went with your families to Eagles games, and to this day take your families to games waiting for this time I salute you and are so happy for you. My wife told me I should come over for the parade, but couldn’t afford it on such short notice. However I am coming over for the 2018 opener. I’ll probably have to act quickly and get tickets from stubhub, but my youngest daughter and her boyfriend will be making the trip. At any rate, congrats to all of you who have been waiting a lifetime for this!!!

It'll be good to see you again, bobby.

For what it's worth, my father wasn't really a fan either. He just liked to put sports on TV and fall asleep. But because I spent my formative years just outside of Philadelphia, I started watching when I wasn't doing other kid-type activities. Those were the early Leonard Tose teams, which weren't great...but it was still the local team, so I rooted for them.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
      As an Eagles fan, I had been waiting for this moment as well. But I am happy for you guys, who tailgayte at every home game and some of you travel to watch them as well. My dad was never a sports fan and to be honest, I didn’t start in sports until we moved to Tennessee from Philadelphia when I was 10. I never saw my first Eagles game until later that year when Sam Baker kicked 4 FGs in a 12-0 Eagles win over the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. So all of you who went with your families to Eagles games, and to this day take your families to games waiting for this time I salute you and are so happy for you. My wife told me I should come over for the parade, but couldn’t afford it on such short notice. However I am coming over for the 2018 opener. I’ll probably have to act quickly and get tickets from stubhub, but my youngest daughter and her boyfriend will be making the trip. At any rate, congrats to all of you who have been waiting a lifetime for this!!!
      Good stuff here. My oldest brother was actually at the game in 1960 when they won the NFL title and will always be the only team to beat a Lombardi coached team in a championship game which up until this year was my only comeback when the question of how many championship wins does your team have?

He’s retired and living in Jacksonville right now, I called him the morning after we (yes, we) won and asked him how he felt in regards to this feeling. He said in 1960 he basically said he reached behind him at the game, shook hands with a man, wished him a belated Merry Christmas and went home, had dinner, and went to bed, no celebration at all.

He told me to live this moment, I told him I’ll do enough celebrating for him and me!!

World Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!!

Comment

Good Deal! I'm going to go to the Home opener as well. The tickets will be expensive.
        Will be good to see you and all Igglephans.
        The world Champions!

Comment

Working...
        X