I get douche chills when I read shit like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get douche chills when I read shit like this

One thing I know -- when we make a pick at 14, with the way our board looks right now, we're going to all be high-fiving then, and very excited about that pick," Roseman said.

Nauseating

Advance self-congratulations are never a good thing.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Do this

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      One thing I know -- when we make a pick at 14, with the way our board looks right now, we're going to all be high-fiving then, and very excited about that pick," Roseman said.
      Mentally picture Howie's voice while reading this. It's muuuuuch better.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        Advance self-congratulations are never a good thing.
        Only Howie...what kind of GM makes statements like this??

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          Only Howie...what kind of GM makes statements like this??
          To be fair, Howie has done plenty of good since taking over the mess that Chip left. Obviously, Howie has had plenty of question marks in the past (as do a lot of GM's) but he has done a solid job reshaping this roster after the fucking abomination that Chip Kelly did to this franchise. Chip is the main one to blame with all of this.

Comment

Ones that other GM's love taking advantage of more often than not.

"We took this guy because we called around and other teams were definitely high on him and he wouldn't have been there a round later."

Guarantee we hear him say that about this year's head scratcher.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
              To be fair, Howie has done plenty of good since taking over the mess that Chip left. Obviously, Howie has had plenty of question marks in the past (as do a lot of GM's) but he has done a solid job reshaping this roster after the fucking abomination that Chip Kelly did to this franchise. Chip is the main one to blame with all of this.
              His drafts have gotten progressively better since he took over. Take out the two Chip seasons, and he's really shown something.

The 2016 draft, knowing as much as we can know after one full year, is an extremely promising move in the right direction. Three starters (Carson, Suemalo, Mills), and two quality depth players (Vaitai, Smallwood), really good value in the later rounds, and an aggressive series of trades all the way up for a franchise QB ... not to mention a pretty good read on the 2017 QB class that necessitated the move. That's with no second round pick and two players lost for the season in camp (Walker and McCallister) who could still turn into contributors.

I think he had the board set better than he ever has before and he stuck to it. There's decent reason to believe he's getting the hang of this thing. Almost losing his dream job seems to have brought out the best in him.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                I think he had the board set better than he ever has before and he stuck to it. There's decent reason to believe he's getting the hang of this thing. Almost losing his dream job seems to have brought out the best in him.
                I think he finally humbled himself and started relying more on actual "football guys'" knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                X