This wasn’t great to hear RE: Wentz recovery & timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd View Post
    From what was reported, it was a torn ACL and LCL. The LCL is sewn back together to promote healing and the ACL takes time. That profootball doc said that wentz could be back week one but he won't be back to normal wentz (mobility) for a bit.

The bigger concern is tearing the other ACL because his walk is affected.
    Ad Duck noted, most often when a player tears their ACL, the MCL is the other ligament that is damaged and that ligament usually heals on its own without surgical repair. There has been some controversy about whether a surgeon should repair a torn MCL strictly for the purpose of protecting an ACL graft.

ACL-LCL combined injuries are less common and I suspect more severe.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      Ad Duck noted, most often when a player tears their ACL, the MCL is the other ligament that is damaged and that ligament usually heals on its own without surgical repair. There has been some controversy about whether a surgeon should repair a torn MCL strictly for the purpose of protecting an ACL graft.

ACL-LCL combined injuries are less common and I suspect more severe.
      More severe, but that football doc didn't fear-monger like this guy. Said he can come back as a pocket qb at the start of the season and then be back to a mobile qb towards mid to end of season.

He also said that a brace would be highly-likely but should not hinder wentz.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        More severe, but that football doc didn't fear-monger like this guy. Said he can come back as a pocket qb at the start of the season and then be back to a mobile qb towards mid to end of season.

He also said that a brace would be highly-likely but should not hinder wentz.
        And it's not like we're talking about a running quarterback here. He wasn't on pace for a thousand yards on the ground like Griffin was. He doesn't have to be *made* into a pocket passer, he already is a damn good 40+ TD passer. He's naturally going to get better and smarter at that with time and experience (scary thought).

Even those Houdini plays (like the first one to Nelson against Washington) are more the product of instinct and strength than speed... he's still going to have those traits, he's still going to make guys miss and get the ball downfield. It's not like he's going to be a statue back there waiting for guys to put a helmet on his wounded knee. He's just going to chill with the scrambles for a while... which might hurt on a third down here and there, but even there, Carson did the vast majority of his damage in the air.

When I look at recent history with QBs and late season ACL injuries (every one of the last nine were under center on opening day), and I consider the patient we're talking about, I'm really not all that concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          i wouldn't put any stock into what that blowhard dipshit spouts. He's insane. I hate how he is just immediately back into shit stirring about Foles and how he must be traded. what a jagoff. can't we enjoy the F out of this Win before you stir up fake controversy? he'll always be a dirty 30 douchebag.

I was concerned because it was an interview with one of the lead Dr's at the Novacare center. granted, you can interview 10 different docs and get 11 different opinions but it's never good to hear shit like Bob Griffin and 'brace forever likely' kind of talk.
          Bringing up Griffin is totally irresponsible, he did it for shock value. Griffin had already torn that same ACL three years prior and already injured his LCL a few weeks before he tore the ACL against Seattle. He looked like Smash Williams in Friday Night Lights out there in the game, he clearly had no business being on a football field. Plus, RGIII was a running quarterback in the truest sense. For him, the running made everything else work. He was never half the passer that Carson is now.

Stupid, wholly invalid comparison. As soon as the doctor mentioned RGIII, he lost all credibility.

Comment

Well he got his 15 minutes of fame cause other sports news outlets are kinda reporting as factwhat he said.
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
            X