X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're actually correct

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    And by the way, I really did that.

It just pissed me off. Rating my own work seemed like I was doing their job for them.

And then I was made to fill it out anyway. BOOOOO.
    I tell my people that if what I tell them in their year end review is news to them, then I haven't been doing my job during the course of the year.

Then we all drink vodka and break our glasses against our foreheads.

Comment

Bwahahahaha.......I like that.

Originally posted by Nikita Khrushchev View Post
      I tell my people that if what I tell them in their year end review is news to them, then I haven't been doing my job during the course of the year.

Then we all drink vodka and break our glasses against our foreheads.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        How about colleagues who only score themselves "Significantly Above Target" or "5's" or whatever your best score is in their year end reviews?

Maroons.

DB
        Why not? If you work for a wuss, he might be intimidated into rating you higher to avoid conflict with you - or HR. If he's competent, he'll give you whatever you deserve. And if he's a dick head, it probably doesnt matter.

Anybody who rates themselves below what they think is dumb. If you don't believe you're doing a good job, why should your supervisor?
        Last edited by Maniac; 12-09-2014, 09:09 PM.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I respectfully disagree

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Why not? If you work for a wuss, he might be intimidated into rating you higher to avoid conflict with you - or HR. If he's competent, he'll give you whatever you deserve. And if he's a dick head, it probably doesnt matter.

Anybody who rates themselves below what they think is dumb. If you don't believe you're doing a good job, why should your supervisor?
          Rating yourself slightly above average is one thing. Giving yourself all the best scores indicates a lack of self awareness or reality that makes me question the person's judgment or maturity.

In short, the scoreboard lights up (with respect to that hypothetical person, not you):

DB

Comment

I suppose you get what you hire. Unless they got their job through nepotism.

Doesn't seem like a major problem to me from either side.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

No. Like...

Geezer Nikita Krushchev: " Go to work and be functional while I take this bullshit off your plate. Don't worry, I have big brass communist balls to tell you, 'you suck' if you truly suck."

BAC's Clams:" I'm putting a cap on how you evaluate yourself because you need to be a self critic and that's good for your growth (and lets pretend like this doesn't gives me the added benefit and flexibility of paying you less, firing you slightly quicker and avoiding confrontation while easing my workload.)

Come on Dim. If your going to bring that BAC game to the board, then bring your A game, because that shit is getting smacked into the rafters.

Comment

Working...
              X